PDA

View Full Version : E-500 Card Cover Not fully closing...

Susan
7th January 2011, 08:18 PM
Hi All

Quite sad to say that my camera's been gathering a bit of dust recently.

However I took it out the bag tonight to take a few photos and found the card cover flap doesn't click tightly closed anymore, it closes over, but open again with the tiniest bit of pressure on it.

Does anyone know if there's a way to fix this or is it just a product of the camera being a bit older now?
Hoping it's maybe a wee spring or something that's not sitting perfectly or something.

Thanks
Susan :)

Wreckdiver
7th January 2011, 08:25 PM
If it's nothing immediately obvious I would suggest getting in touch with Luton Cameras (http://www.lutoncameras.co.uk/).

Steve

Susan
7th January 2011, 08:35 PM
Cheers Steve

I'll take a wee look at them, thanks :)
fingers crossed it's something simple (i hope!)

benvendetta
7th January 2011, 09:09 PM
I find sometimes that the plunger for releasing the CF card needs pushing in a few times. This can stop the door closing fully.

StephenL
8th January 2011, 07:40 AM
Yes, I've found that. Or sometimes I forget to fold the plunger over...

I find sometimes that the plunger for releasing the CF card needs pushing in a few times. This can stop the door closing fully.

photonutter
27th January 2011, 09:30 PM
Have the same problem with mine. There are two tiny lugs on the top and bottom of the door. Both have snapped off on mine, now kept shut with insulation tape. Let me know if a spare is available.

Garrie
27th January 2011, 10:45 PM
Have the same problem with mine. There are two tiny lugs on the top and bottom of the door. Both have snapped off on mine, now kept shut with insulation tape. Let me know if a spare is available.

LOL exactly the same has happened to Susan's (my old) E500.

We couldn't find a spare however we didn't look very hard, Don't fancy trying to open the camera :eek: