PDA

View Full Version : First Pics of E-PL2

Dogcow
28th December 2010, 02:48 PM
I just saw this on 43 rumors: the first pics of the upcoming E-PL2

http://www.43rumors.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/e-pl2.jpg

And here is the whole article (http://www.43rumors.com/ft5-and-here-it-is-the-first-olympus-e-pl2-image/)

OlyPaul
28th December 2010, 03:16 PM
WOW just what we need..another mtf point and shoot with a few minor cosmetic changes, way to go Olympus. :rolleyes:

photo_owl
28th December 2010, 04:44 PM
WOW just what we need..another mtf point and shoot with a few minor cosmetic changes, way to go Olympus. :rolleyes:

lol

expect the E-P3 shortly afterwards combining the majority of the E-5 software, and with the android connectivity etc etc :eek:

yorky
28th December 2010, 05:45 PM
Hi, Don't knock it if its anywhere near the same quality is the EP 2 it will be a crackingly good camere, just the thing for taking on a long walk without breaking your back, there is definatly room for both though you need to be reasonably "well heeled" There is very little differance between the EP2 and the E5 in photo quality but a huge differance in weight. Its a case of "Horses for Courses"

Graham_of_Rainham
29th December 2010, 12:39 AM
Why do they have to go and make it all "curvy" :(

I think the E-PL1 is a perfect example of function delivering the form and looks the better for it. *yes

Olympus is all about innovation. :cool:

Leave the curves to those that need them to attract the buyers. :o

pandora
29th December 2010, 03:32 AM
Regardless of features I could never bond with a camera that looks like that.

StephenL
29th December 2010, 08:16 AM
Olympus has milked the Pen to death, for now. And I speak as a happy E-P2 owner.

What we need is a more integrated pseudo-dslr m4/3 camera from them. I hate to use the words, but more "semi-pro". Something with the feature set of the Panasonic G2 series (which I also own and enjoy), but with the traditional Olympus build quality and feel. A miniaturised E-1, maybe?

Kees
29th December 2010, 11:07 PM
E-P1, E-P2, E-PL1 and now E-PL2. I find it very difficult to explain to people why these are 4 cameras and not one.....

Who's_E
30th December 2010, 11:55 AM
That new kit lens looks interesting. 37mm filter thread rather than 40.5 suggests a smaller lens - I wonder if it folds down into more sections and is a bit smaller when folded?

Nick

StephenL
30th December 2010, 12:26 PM
That's the same lens as the new E-PL1S. Optimized for video. Smaller, lighter and quieter.

photo_owl
30th December 2010, 03:04 PM
E-P1, E-P2, E-PL1 and now E-PL2. I find it very difficult to explain to people why these are 4 cameras and not one.....

not to hard - you have the Pen's (E-Px) and the Pen Lights (E-PLx) (cost and construction with the inevitable feature capping)

within that you have developments as and when - the E-P1 was some time ago, the E-P2 was quite significantly updated and has already been issued with a 'gloss over' and the E-P3 will be the new flagship

PL's are a fair bit lower priced (but you can't compare old models with new ie E-P1 v E-PL1 for any real meaning there you need to look at current models)

Kees
31st December 2010, 11:39 PM
Another picture popped up.

http://cdn.slashgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/olympus_pen_e-pl2_spotlight.png