PDA

View Full Version : A question for E-5 owners who have E-3/E-1 experience

CaptainD
13th December 2010, 09:58 PM
Could I ask all of you lucky E-5 owners a question about the E-5 shutter release noise? One thing I really do miss on the E-3 compared to the E-1 was the beautifully quiet shutter of the E-1. How loud is the mighty E-5 when the shutter is released?

It would be interesting to know, thanks for your time.

Cheers

Chris *chr

andym
14th December 2010, 11:32 AM
Could I ask all of you lucky E-5 owners a question about the E-5 shutter release noise? One thing I really do miss on the E-3 compared to the E-1 was the beautifully quiet shutter of the E-1. How loud is the mighty E-5 when the shutter is released?

It would be interesting to know, thanks for your time.

Cheers

Chris *chr

Chris

The E5 shutter is a bit quieter than the E3,sounds a bit more dampened for want of a better term.Still not as nice as the E1 though.

I also think the shutter release is a little lighter than the E3,again still not as nice as the E1 though.I like the release to be light as it tend to stop the camera jerking about when doing macro.

Ross the fiddler
14th December 2010, 11:38 AM
Chris

The E5 shutter is a bit quieter than the E3,sounds a bit more dampened for want of a better term.Still not as nice as the E1 though.

Is it designed quieter or just because it is new? The E30 (or at least mine) could not be described as quiet, but quite loud. *yes

andym
14th December 2010, 11:42 AM
Is it designed quieter or just because it is new? The E30 (or at least mine) could not be described as quiet, but quite loud. *yes

From what I can remember from 3 years ago when I got my E3 it is quieter,as I said its a more dampened sound,hard to describe.

Then again it may just be me going deaf with old age:eek:

Ian
14th December 2010, 11:53 AM
I definitely agree that the E-5 note is less 'sharp' than the E-3. I think the E-30 is marginally louder than both because it doesn't have as much metal in it to muffle the mechanical noise. But Andy is also perfectly correct in saying that the E-1 remains the quietest and most refined.

Ian

Ross the fiddler
14th December 2010, 12:03 PM
From what I can remember from 3 years ago when I got my E3 it is quieter,as I said its a more dampened sound,hard to describe.

Then again it may just be me going deaf with old age:eek:

What did you say? *ohwell

I must be getting hard of hearing (too much loud music when I was young, now I have to have it loud). *yes :D

Greytop
14th December 2010, 02:09 PM

Hi Ross, yes I can confirm it's certainly a bit quieter than my E-30 which in my experience is one of noisier shutter releases I have heard :eek:
Great camera though :)