PDA

View Full Version : Digital Depot Day

andym
10th March 2008, 10:45 AM
Have you seen this.

http://www.digitaldepot.co.uk/events_calendar.php?_day=22&_month=03&_year=2008

So thats where the other E1 grips are going.

The 10% off lens's sounds good.

E-P1 fan
10th March 2008, 11:06 AM
It does indicate some very intelligent thinking in Castle Olympus. Rather than sell off all the overstocks of out-dated items to a dealer for 20% value - they are using them creatively.

At Digital Depot you need to take your current E-1 with you - thus proving you have one, experience the E-3, and then are rewarded with a grip.

Here on the E-group Olympus customer loyalty is being cemented and rewarded in a marvellous way. Brilliant strategy.

But then Olympus always has looked outside the box so I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised. :)

emirpprime
10th March 2008, 11:32 AM
Looks good :)

I went to an earlier E-3 day there and they were very helpful. Certainly good thinking by Oly on the E-1 grips. They say they will also have the E-420, 25mm and the 14-35! There is no way I can afford it short of selling a kidney, but it would be nice to have a go on the 14-35...
Phil

CaptainD
10th March 2008, 11:43 AM
I have just registered my wife and I for the 11.00 session, it could be a very expensive visit as some of you will know my dear lady is interested in the E-420 and the lenses will get that devil in my head excited!!

Hopefully we may even meet some of you all there

Chris :eek:

Xpres
10th March 2008, 12:02 PM
I've just e-mailed them and hope to be there - I want one of those 25mm for my 410 - or maybe even a 14-35. Not sure what I'd do with another grip though. I suppose a spare battery would be useful. what if I was too tempted an bought an E3, would I still use the E1?
Oh dear this could be dangerous. :)

sapper
10th March 2008, 12:30 PM
Shame it classes with the photo safari group outing:-(
Dave.

HughofBardfield
10th March 2008, 05:40 PM
Looks good :)

I went to an earlier E-3 day there and they were very helpful. Certainly good thinking by Oly on the E-1 grips. They say they will also have the E-420, 25mm and the 14-35! There is no way I can afford it short of selling a kidney, but it would be nice to have a go on the 14-35...
Phil

Where do I go to sell a kidney? :-)