PDA

View Full Version : RAW codec for E5 (Can't open in Photoshop CS5)

Cathrine Stephansen
30th November 2010, 11:02 AM
Hi, guys and girls!

Anyone know whether the RAW codec has changes from E3 to E5? I can't open my files in Photoshop CS5, probably need a new RAW plugin. Can't remember where to find it!

Help!! Fieldwork tomorrow...:confused:

Wreckdiver
30th November 2010, 11:10 AM
Here: RAW plugin CS5 (http://www.adobe.com/eeurope/products/photoshop/cameraraw.html)

Doesn't support the E-5 yet.

Steve

OlyPaul
30th November 2010, 11:10 AM
Cathrine, Adobe has not yet released a raw update for the E-5.

Ian
30th November 2010, 11:18 AM
I reasonable compromise is to use Olympus Viewer 2 and to export from RAW a TIFF file, then edit that in Photoshop. You could of course use Viewer 2 for your RAW processing anyway. It's not too bad.

Ian

Cathrine Stephansen
30th November 2010, 11:28 AM
Thank you, guys! Installing as we speak! I thought it might have had to do with the fact that I hadn't remembered to set the date and time. Too eager to test :D

Which of the two programs do I use now to update firmware? The E3 needs a "brush-up", and haven't done it for ages, and Oly Master had to be uninstalled 'cause it wasn't working. The Viewer or [ib]?

Ian
30th November 2010, 12:04 PM
Thank you, guys! Installing as we speak! I thought it might have had to do with the fact that I hadn't remembered to set the date and time. Too eager to test :D

Which of the two programs do I use now to update firmware? The E3 needs a "brush-up", and haven't done it for ages, and Oly Master had to be uninstalled 'cause it wasn't working. The Viewer or [ib]?

Best use Viewer 2 - if you have any SWD lenses these may need updating too as new firmware was released in September.

Ian