PDA

View Full Version : Inclement weather and possible hire delivery delays

Ian
29th November 2010, 03:35 PM
I would like to remind anyone contemplating a hire that during bad weather, like the kind that most of the country is currently experiencing, we can't guarantee delivery dates, so it's a good idea to allow an extra day or even two in case of problems with the couriers battling the elements. This is especially so if you live in a rural or remote area.

We're releasing orders we have to date early in order to pre-empt any problems that may not have been foreseen at the time of booking. But for new bookings we urge you to factor in possible delays if your delivery date is critical.

Indeed, regardless of the weather, if you have a critical date on which you have to receive your hire gear, I would advise adding an extra day in case of any unforeseen delays. Our record is actually very good, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Ian

Barr1e
20th December 2010, 04:31 PM
At least Anne and I got ours today for the Christmas period - thanks for being there.

Regards. A + B

Ian
22nd December 2010, 09:08 AM
OK, I think that, unless you want to arrange to visit Hemel Hempstead to collect your order, which is fine by us, it's unlikely that we can get any more orders to customers by the end of the year, but we can still take orders for later delivery and if you want to pay for your hires before the end of the year you can save on the 2.5% extra VAT that starts on 1st January. Contact us for further details, although please bear in mind that if you use our courier service, the charge for this can only be made at the time of shipping and at the prevailing VAT rate.

We still have some of the big lenses on special offer until the end of the year, so if you can collect, you can still take advantage of the offer :)

Ian