PDA

View Full Version : Walking stick/monopod

BobS
27th November 2010, 09:45 AM
7Dayshop are selling a walking stick/monopod for 7.99 delivered. They are also doing a 'Strap buddy' to turn your camera strap into a sort of Snaarstrap. This is 9.49 delivered.

Any use to anyone?

spinneyman
27th November 2010, 05:16 PM
It's probably rubbish, you get what you pay for?
Try a TrekPod Go! PRO it is Trek-Tech's premier monopod/tripod/hiking staff multi-tool and is a great bit of kit but a little more pricey! I love the one I have got.

:D

MotoCroz
27th November 2010, 08:02 PM
Love the term 'a little more pricey', just googled it at 107. :eek:

BobS
27th November 2010, 08:42 PM
The 7dayshop one would seem to be similar to a Hama one on Amazon which has some fair reviews. Anyway, I have some good Leki walking poles, a monopod and half a dozen or so tripods and thought that 7.99 is worth a gamble. I'll let you know if it's 'rubbish' and if it is, I haven't lost much. I'll use it to spike the fallen leaves in the garden borders!
*chr

Adagio
18th December 2010, 02:32 PM
Bob - was it 'worth the gamble'?

BobS
18th December 2010, 03:00 PM
Bob - was it 'worth the gamble'?

Hi David

Well, I've had it a few weeks now but have to admit that I haven't tried it. We are in the process of moving home after a very traumatic period of not knowing whether we were going because our buyers were in danger of losing their mortgage offer. Their bank's audit of their offer and inefficiency took over five weeks before it was confirmed. Nightmare for us and photography was put on a back burner.

For the price, I am sure it was worth the gamble (7.99 as far as I remember). It's a sprung stick and certainly looks as though it will work. I will report back as soon as I take my first photo with it!

We are moving on Wednesday to Dorset but looking at the snow outside.....:eek: Any moment now, my broadband will be disconnected and I will be incommunicado so I'd better post this now.

Is moving worth it?????????????????????

photo_owl
18th December 2010, 04:28 PM
Is moving worth it?????????????????????

depends which part of Dorset!

BobS
18th December 2010, 06:05 PM
depends which part of Dorset!

A very nice part!*yes

cinders
19th December 2010, 06:19 PM
Lucky you. All the best for a succesful move.

BobS
19th December 2010, 07:22 PM
Lucky you. All the best for a succesful move.

A million thanks Cindy for your good wishes. We are concerned about the snow but we are keeping fingers, etc., crossed that we and the removal company can stick to the schedule. We are now disconnecting our computer, router and all ancillary stuff as the packers are coming in tomorrow to do their bit and we have so much to be moved. So this post will be the last until we reach our future home! Don't know whether to *cry or *laugh at the moment. We've had a *pnc weekend to try and get the last things ready.

I'll report after our move but in the meantime, I hope you have a super Christmas and a wonderful 2011.

Ellie
22nd December 2010, 03:31 PM
Good luck with the move *chr

There are quite a few e-system users in Dorset and Hants. We'll have to have another meet-up before too long.

Adagio
26th January 2011, 01:09 PM
Just received a Hama Alpenstock walking stick/monopod. Bought it from Picstop via Amazon for the exorbitant price of 9.54 incl. postage. Have only given it a quick try indoors but seems to do what it says on the box. Astonishing value for money.

P.S. The little compass on top does not seem to work - this appears universal according to the reviews so don't rely upon it for navigation but WTH.

yorky
26th January 2011, 02:07 PM
What can u expect for under 10 a built in sat nav :-)