PDA

View Full Version : New E5 Video

PeterD
23rd November 2010, 11:19 PM
I tried another Video today, this time using the ZD 12-60 attached to the E5.
Following on from Barrie's panning, II thought I would get more adventurous than I was when making my first movie.

I tried hand-held and was surprised how much easier it was than my first attempt. I have included panning and zooming and they came out reasonably well.

I made the mistake of using centre weighted exposure rather than ESP. Still, thats what this is all about - to learn!

http://www.imageinuk.com/Landscapes/Countryside/Aggregates-Quay-langstone/Aggregates-Wharf-1/790184806_XoGWT-M.jpg (http://peterd-2009.smugmug.com/Test-Images/Video-2/14783278_GDaeM)

Click on the image to access the web page with the video link.

Comments as always are welcome.

DerekW
24th November 2010, 09:49 AM
Interesting
Initial thoughts

I wonder if using manual exposure would give a more consistant result - ie set the exposure for each shot.

ditto for focus - it did not re focus as the image was zoomed in.

Is this type of movie camera more suited for moving stills rather than movie sequences - ie a movie shot of the dog doing something for a few seconds amongst a collection of still pictures of the dog.

Just a few thoughts

I would like to see a series of movie shots of birds in flight

Thanks for showing

PeterD
24th November 2010, 10:41 AM
Interesting
Initial thoughts

I wonder if using manual exposure would give a more consistant result - ie set the exposure for each shot.

ditto for focus - it did not re focus as the image was zoomed in.

Is this type of movie camera more suited for moving stills rather than movie sequences - ie a movie shot of the dog doing something for a few seconds amongst a collection of still pictures of the dog.

Just a few thoughts

I would like to see a series of movie shots of birds in flight

Thanks for showing

Thanks for your reply Derek:)

Ian replied to me on the dpNow forum and advised that, unlike the pen, does not re-focus on zoom. This isuue could be addressed in three ways:-
1. As Ian suggested to me to tap the shutter button as I zoom.
2. Go for a smaller aperture (this was shot at f7.1).
3. Make a series of video clips which are joined together to avoid frames that are oof (This video is made up of 3 different video recordings).

The role in which this camera will play a part will not require me to do much zooming as I intend to use it at the Oysterbed site next year to record the tern and gull chicks growing up and being fed. On the basis of what I have seen so far, I have ordered a Sennheiser MKE 400 Professional Microphone (a shotgun or directional microphone) to fit in the flash mount.

I shall try and get some BIF images today/tomorrow.

The point in doing these tests is to explore the potential, find the weaknesses and see if they can be addressed. I have learnt a lot from these exercises and hopefully they will help others.