PDA

View Full Version : E600

Roberta
17th November 2010, 08:18 PM
From what I've read its all but the same as the 620, so if I got my hands on a second hand one it should download with my 620 software.........
Roberta

snaarman
17th November 2010, 09:59 PM
I now have both and they are identical to look at, and 99 percent identical in function. If you are just doing jpeg images I don't see there would be a problem. If you do raw files, the E600 files are marked as E600 internally and some raw import programs won't do them You may need to update something...

Pete

Radar
17th November 2010, 10:23 PM
I've got E-600 and I use EXIFtool to edit the EXIF from E-600 to E620 in order to use it with ACR and lightroom. Works great!

Roberta
29th November 2010, 05:43 AM
bought a E600 on ebay to-day they guy lives in Melbourne, I just made sure when and where it was bought and why were they selling it. Reply was he had asked a friend to buy him a digital camera in europe, and its to complex for him
Now just have to wait till the end of the week to get it.
roberta
and thanks again for all your help

Ian
29th November 2010, 09:25 AM
The E-600 has been supported in the latest release of Adobe Camera RAW and Lightroom for some time.

Ian

Radar
29th November 2010, 09:37 AM
It has, but I think you need LR3 in order to get the correct version of ACR. As mentioned I use EXIFtool and it takes me only a few more minutes to change the EXIF to E-620. Now waiting for ACR to support E-5.

Ian
29th November 2010, 10:11 AM
It has, but I think you need LR3 in order to get the correct version of ACR. As mentioned I use EXIFtool and it takes me only a few more minutes to change the EXIF to E-620. Now waiting for ACR to support E-5.

You can use the latest version of Adobe's DNG Converter (it's free) to convert to DNG format and then use with earlier versions of ACR in Photoshop or Lightroom.

Ian

Ross the fiddler
29th November 2010, 12:07 PM
bought a E600 on ebay to-day they guy lives in Melbourne, I just made sure when and where it was bought and why were they selling it. Reply was he had asked a friend to buy him a digital camera in europe, and its to complex for him
Now just have to wait till the end of the week to get it.
roberta
and thanks again for all your help

I hope all goes well with it. From what I remember, I thought the E600 was only done for the American market (but could be wrong).

I hope it works out to be a great buy.

snaarman
29th November 2010, 12:16 PM
You can use the latest version of Adobe's DNG Converter (it's free) to convert to DNG format and then use with earlier versions of ACR in Photoshop or Lightroom.

Ian

Yes, I am currently using both E620 and E600 via the latest DNG converter via older ACR into CS3 with no problems. Its one more step but I don't detect any problems with the images.

The E600 seems a great camera, the differences between it and the E620 are in my opinion microscopic.

Pete

Ulfric M Douglas
29th November 2010, 04:56 PM
... From what I remember, I thought the E600 was only done for the American market (but could be wrong)...
More like a special done for Currys/Dixon group here in Britain.
I hear it's harder to find in North America, and not such a stonking bargain.

christhesparky
29th November 2010, 05:16 PM
I got mine from currys earlier this year