PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Scotland

Nivek
6th March 2008, 06:24 PM
Hiya everyone.

Nivek, erm Kevin here. This looks to be a great forum. I have already got myself involved although I will sit tight for a few weeks as far as adding my critiques go.

Anyway hello.

theMusicMan
6th March 2008, 06:47 PM
Hi Kevin

Welcome to the site, please do feel free to post your critiques, we don't mind and often are after detailed comments.

shenstone
6th March 2008, 06:51 PM
Hmmm ... A Scot who diesn't know whether he's coming or going?

Bet he knows which part of a Whisky glass to drink from though

Welcome !!

Regards
Andy

PeterD
6th March 2008, 06:54 PM
Hiya everyone.

Nivek, erm Kevin here. This looks to be a great forum. I have already got myself involved although I will sit tight for a few weeks as far as adding my critiques go.

Anyway hello.

hello Kevin

Its good you have joined us and got involved so soon. I have just replied to a thread you subscribed to.

Can you tell us a bit about your photographic interests?

This is a great place to be, please pull up a chair and join us wherever you feel you want to contribute.

PeterD

Nivek
6th March 2008, 07:15 PM
Well Peter.

Iím not technically a Scot. I moved up to Fife 6 years ago from Somerset.

IĎm really into Photography, self taught mostly but went to college to get my City & Guilds. I spent 5 years in a darkroom learning how to print but now itís mostly all digital Imaging although I still shoot medium/Large format film and scan. Landscape & Still life are my favourite past times

I'm also into pinhole photography. Iím currently looking into making A3 digital negatives so I can get back into making Cyanotypes etc. I canít totally leave the darkroom so contact printing is a way of keeping in touch with it. I hope this helps.

ianc
6th March 2008, 07:26 PM
Greetings from a fellow inhabitant of Gods country and welcome to the group. I look forward to seeing some of your pictures in the gallery.

Ian C.

PeterD
6th March 2008, 07:29 PM
Thanks Kevin

I also own a Pentax Spotmatic SLR camera. Cost me an arm and a leg in the late '60s. I was thinking about setting up a dark room but thats as far as it got. Have experienced using a dark room though and I guess it was this that kept me thinking about it. Now we are into digital cameras, the need for a darkroom has become less important.
We have swapped the darkroom for digital PP. At the moment this leaves me cold. So much so that I had not realised the need to sharpen digital images until about a month ago:o. I could not understand why my images were always 'soft' compared to others:confused:. I guess the biggest confusing factor with PP is its flexibility. The dark room was never so complicated.

Since I have been on here, I have picked up so many tips and advice that I have lost count.

I hope you experience the same.

PeterD

Barr1e
6th March 2008, 07:35 PM
Hi veKin

Always nice to see another take.

Welcome - I know for sure you will enjoy your time here.

Regards. Barr1e

Jim Ford
6th March 2008, 07:55 PM
Welcome to a citizen of 'The Kingdom of The Fly Fifers'!
;^)

Jim

Jim
6th March 2008, 11:28 PM
Welcome aboard, enjoy and hope to see some of your images soon.

Scapula Memory
7th March 2008, 07:03 AM
Welcome Kevin, you should feel at home here as there are many others from Scotland as well. Not to mention the rest of the world....