PDA

View Full Version : Third party Pen MFT lens adapters

Ian
5th November 2010, 06:42 PM
In order to promote the versatility of Olympus Pen Micro Four Thirds cameras through the use of third party and legacy lenses, I'm looking to add some adapters to our hire catalogue.

Can anyone give me an idea of which fits and makes of adapter would be the most popular and relevant?

Thanks!

Ian

Kees
5th November 2010, 09:38 PM
I use this adapter (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220536454787) to for my OM lenses.

Nick Temple-Fry
6th November 2010, 12:17 AM
I wonder if adapters (other than the Olympus one for 4/3'rds) are actually worth adding, they are pretty cheap to start with and by the time you've allowed for postage/courier + plus office costs.

There are a number (majority?) of user group members who haven't tried m4/3'rds, and haven't tried it with the vf-2. An Ep-2/E-PL1 package with the vf-2+ 4/3 adapter may well help by giving the opportunity to see how good these cameras are.

Sorry

Nick

Zuiko
6th November 2010, 01:23 AM
Nick does make some good points.

If you could arrange a deal with Panasonic it would be useful to add some of their MFT lenses, such as the 25mm f2.5, 40mm f1.7 and 7-14mm.

Andrew Riddell
6th November 2010, 01:28 AM
There are a number (majority?) of user group members who haven't tried m4/3'rds, and haven't tried it with the vf-2. An Ep-2/E-PL1 package with the vf-2+ 4/3 adapter may well help by giving the opportunity to see how good these cameras are.
Nick

No comment on legacy adaptors (as I don't have any legacy lenses), but I completely agree with Nick's suggestion of the EP** + VF2 + MFT/FT adaptor, especially if you could arrange for the VF2 to have the EP9 rubber eyepiece (which for me has made the VF2 200% more convenient to use).

Andrew

StephenL
6th November 2010, 07:34 AM
I would agree that the majority of 3rd party adapters (excluding top makes such as Novoflex) are really too cheap for people to bother hiring. However, to give folk a chance of seeing what m4/3 can do, I agree totally with Nick, and also with John's Panasonic suggestion.

StephenL
6th November 2010, 07:35 AM
What is this EP9? What does it do and where can you get it?

arrange for the VF2 to have the EP9 rubber eyepiece (which for me has made the VF2 200% more convenient to use).

Andrew

Ulfric M Douglas
6th November 2010, 08:21 AM
I would recommend adapters for 39mm-LTM and M-mount to hire with the e-P2&VF2 or e-pL1&VF2, since those lenses so well complement the format. A cheap 10 Jupiter/Industar could be thrown in too...

It would give the well-heeled Leica owners a chance to try the Olympus with their super lenses.

My LTM-to-m4/3rds adapter is easily adjustable(rotation) and gave proper infinity focus and not loose, not too tight clearance. (from e-bay Roxsen, 13-ish)