PDA

View Full Version : Erosion_3

Nivek
5th March 2008, 11:18 PM
http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/510/Erosion_3.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/3623)

Well here goes, do your worst. It would be nice to know what people think of this image.

emirpprime
5th March 2008, 11:25 PM
The image tag you used was incomplete. It needs to be:
WEBADDRESS

So if you edit your post and just add [IMG] to the front it should show up.

The image looks good by the way, well controlled depth of field and interesting colour.

All the best,
Phil

Nick Temple-Fry
5th March 2008, 11:34 PM
Like this

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/510/Erosion_3.jpg

Ian
6th March 2008, 07:50 AM
Morning Kevin - all you need to do is copy the complete line of UBB code below the picture in your gallery and paste it into your message :)

I have done this for you.

Ian

PeterD
6th March 2008, 07:55 AM
Well as I said Im new to this. I have cut and pasted my image from gallery / Abstract and still can't get the image up. can anyone help me here.

Kevin.

The normal way to add an image to the post is to select the 'open' from My Pics in the lower right panel of the message box.

Your images appear in another window with a drop-down menu giving you several options as to how you image is to appear in the post.

Select your image and display method from the drop down and thats all there is to it. I cannot edit your original post so I am unable to do it for you.

Good luck

PeterD

PeterD
6th March 2008, 07:57 AM
Morning Kevin - all you need to do is copy the complete line of UBB code below the picture in your gallery and paste it into your message :)

I have done this for you.

Ian

Thanks Ian and good morning, its great to have your priveliges. Looks like we were responding at the same time.

PeterD

Nivek
6th March 2008, 07:58 AM
Thanks Ian & Peter.

I hope to get it right next time. it must be the Irish in me lol

PeterD
6th March 2008, 08:22 AM
Now for my critique.

The subject and background colours are good and compliment each other. The DOF is almost perfect but too narrow as the right hand prong (looking at the image) is just out out of focus at the tip.

Might I suggest that vertical lighting be applied to create shadows to mirror the subject on the background surface. Rotate the fork slightly to bring all the tips into focus. The lighting level is fine, too harsh and it will spoil the image.

Thats my personal opinion and I am sure others may disagree. Best of luck

PeterD

Nivek
11th March 2008, 08:02 PM
Thanks for your input Peter.

I will try vertical lighting next time I shoot. It's always good to get genuine critique from members. Iím busy collecting old eating utensils to keep the portfolio going, they fascinate me. Anyway thanks again.

PeterD
11th March 2008, 08:50 PM
Thanks for your input Peter.

I will try vertical lighting next time I shoot. It's always good to get genuine critique from members. Iím busy collecting old eating utensils to keep the portfolio going, they fascinate me. Anyway thanks again.

Keep it going. Everyone has a theme that interests them and I like the variety. Good shooting

PeterD