PDA

View Full Version : Firmware update issues... advice please...

theMusicMan
23rd November 2007, 11:58 AM
Hey All

I have downloaded and installed the Olympus Master 2 software onto my Mac, and it seems to run fine, all except when I try to select 'Update/Language' from the menu, when I then see the message that I must be logged on as an Administrator - which of course, I already am.

So, anyone know what I should do now please...?

I have restarted following the install, but no joy.

Pete_VN52
23rd November 2007, 12:10 PM
It's a bug in the Oly software I think. It was the same with the previous version under Tiger. Apparently, there's an update to Master that will fix it - but to update, you have to do it through the program...and that's when the admin message appears!

Paulpp
23rd November 2007, 12:31 PM
Have you tried the new version of Master - v 2.05?

theMusicMan
23rd November 2007, 12:34 PM
Thanks Paulpp... How do I get V2.05?

Ian
23rd November 2007, 12:47 PM
Thanks Paulpp... How do I get V2.05?

Here you go:

http://contentace2.olympus-europa.com/en/consumer/download.html

Ian

theMusicMan
23rd November 2007, 12:55 PM
Hey Ian

That takes me to a download page for a file called muveePackTrial ...?

Ian
23rd November 2007, 01:30 PM
Hey Ian

That takes me to a download page for a file called muveePackTrial ...?

Oh! To me it's a registration page that provides access to all the downloadable software?

Just remind me - do you have Master 2.x installed at all? Or the Olympus Studio 2.x sampler (30 days)?

Ian

theMusicMan
23rd November 2007, 01:34 PM
Hi Ian

I have Olympus Master 2 installed.

Ian
23rd November 2007, 01:39 PM
Hi Ian

I have Olympus Master 2 installed.

I know this is a thread about the Mac version - presumably that is the version? I don't use Macs, which may be why I'm sounding confused :D

Ian

Paulpp
23rd November 2007, 02:26 PM
If you go to the right of the screen I had to scroll across - there are some drop down boxes and you have to set them to Mac, v2.05, etc, which will then make the correct version show up on the left of the screen with the list including Vumee or whatever it is called.
They don't make it easy!

Pete_VN52
23rd November 2007, 02:40 PM
http://contentace2.olympus-europa.com/en/consumer/download/file.html?RGlxXkQhY3PCtHNqXjBBRjE=

should be a direct link I think...

theMusicMan
23rd November 2007, 06:41 PM
Thanks all... managed to d/l 2.05 and the firmware update was applied perfectly. Thanks for the pointers.