PDA

View Full Version : Olympus E-5 not in shops until mid November

dkayuk
28th October 2010, 07:37 PM
I was wondering why did Olympus say that launch is 29.10 when there are currently NO suppliers who will have stock tomorrow? I rang LCE, SRS, Warehouse express.

I wanted to buy one because my E-30's mode dial now has a mind of its own and I have two shoots this weekend.

Olympus Sales told me that there will not be any stock for 2 weeks.

This is very irritating :mad:

DK

benvendetta
28th October 2010, 08:54 PM
Especially when it seems to be available in other countries, notably the US.

David M
28th October 2010, 10:22 PM

And Canada.

Dick Bowman
29th October 2010, 07:20 AM
The delay is presumably to justify the higher price.

benvendetta
29th October 2010, 11:43 AM
Why didn't they delay it 'til January when it will cost even more (VAT increase) :eek:
I found it hard to justify the 1099 that the E-3 body cost me three years ago therefore the E-5 won't be heading my way for quite a bit. I will just have to keep doing the lottery and keep my fingers crossed.

Ross the fiddler
29th October 2010, 11:51 AM
We will eventually see them in Australia too. The only price I've seen so far seems to be $2399.00, just a bit expensive even though our dollar is close to US$ value. I've downloaded the manual & Viewer 2 update for it, but that's as close as I will probably get to one for a long time (can't afford one).

David M
30th October 2010, 10:44 PM

Not only is it available in Canada, it's only $30 more than I paid for my E-3 2 1/2 years ago.

I think it's cheaper than the E-3 was when it was first available.

Ross the fiddler
31st October 2010, 12:14 AM
We will eventually see them in Australia too. The only price I've seen so far seems to be $2399.00, just a bit expensive even though our dollar is close to US$ value. I've downloaded the manual & Viewer 2 update for it, but that's as close as I will probably get to one for a long time (can't afford one).

Olympus Australia when asked (not listed on web page) has set the RRP at $2199 & apparantly one supplier is offering it for $1999

Zuiko
31st October 2010, 01:51 AM
Not only is it available in Canada, it's only $30 more than I paid for my E-3 2 1/2 years ago.

I think it's cheaper than the E-3 was when it was first available.

Can we all emigrate to Canada? Poor old Britain is becomming less and less appealing by the day! :(

David M
31st October 2010, 11:01 AM
Can we all emigrate to Canada? Poor old Britain is becomming less and less appealing by the day! :(

Actually checking currency rates it's not as good a deal as I thought, the $1,699 CDN price is 1,040.

I didn't realise the Canadian $ was so weak against the , last time I checked it was close enough to 2:1 you could halve or double the amount to do the conversion.