PDA

View Full Version : HELP! problem with 8gig Dane elec card

Kittykat23uk
27th October 2010, 01:00 PM
Hi,

I bougt an 8 gig card (Dane elec High speed) for my South africa trip but I had problems with it. I'm sending it back to 7dayshop for a replacement but wonder if I should ask for two 4 gigs instead. Has anyone experienced this problem with 8 gig cards in an E620?:

I took pictures which seemed slow to write to the buffer, sometimes when I viewed them they looked small on screen, i.e. instead of filling the screen you get a black border around the image. Then it lost pictures that I had reviewed previously and were there. Finally when I transferred the files to PC some appear corrupted, with part of the pictures sliced off and moved to one side like those tile sliding puzzles you used to get as a child. Thankfully I'd borrowed Ian's sandisk and lexar 4 gig cards as well and had means to burn images to DVDs so most of the trip was salvaged.

all the best

Jo

steverh
27th October 2010, 01:39 PM
I would always take at least two cards - they do fail sometimes. 2 x 4GB may be a better idea.

Melaka
27th October 2010, 05:52 PM
Hi,

Finally when I transferred the files to PC some appear corrupted, with part of the pictures sliced off and moved to one side like those tile sliding puzzles you used to get as a child. Jo

I've had that very occasionally with a Sandisk card. Maybe some other forum member knows what causes it and what to do.

I have 2Gb and 4Gb CF cards only. That way the worst you can do is lose 256 or 512 pictures (at LSF). I keep a 2Gb Xd card in the second slot and have bought a 4Gb SD card in anticipation of the E5. Either way there's plenty in reserve.

Kittykat23uk
28th October 2010, 08:34 AM
I took several, three 4 gig, the 8 gig, a 2 gig and a 1 gig and used them all up a few times over shooting raw + JPEG. :eek:

maccabeej
28th October 2010, 11:36 AM
I have a kingston 8GB which has been used a fair bit and have had no problems on my e620, mostly shooting Raw. I never fill it up completely and reformat it rather than delete once I have transferred pics.
Jim