PDA

View Full Version : Metz 48 AF1 Flash - Repair Required

stoates
26th October 2010, 12:30 PM
Whilst on holiday last week I rather stupidly pulled my camera bag out of the hire car boot having left the zips and straps open. I only realised as I heard something expensive sounding hitting the tarmac behind me. Luckily (?) it was my flash and although the batteries were scattered on the floor it looked otherwise undamaged. However, the unit now failed to switch on and I could hear something rattling inside. :mad:
I have tentatively looked inside today and a small component has apparently become detached from a PCB - way beyond my technical capabilities.
I have contacted Metz UK who have quoted an hourly repair rate of 42 and have read reports that their repair service is generally very expensive.
I am therefore wondering if any e-group user can provide a contct number and positive recommendation of a UK based repairer able/willing to deal with Metz products?
Thanks for your assistance.

snaarman
26th October 2010, 12:36 PM
Hmm. Did the small component take parts of the pcb with it I wonder (tearing tracks off a pcb is usually the end of the news...)

Pete

stoates
26th October 2010, 12:47 PM
Pete

I didn't look that closely at it, I figured it would probably be a PCB swap out anyway. Still, they are just tuppence ha'penny items these days anyway aren't they.....?