PDA

View Full Version : Cannon IP4700 – photo printing paper

ChrisW
26th October 2010, 10:07 AM
I have just bought an IP4700. Looking at the vast selection of photo printing papers available I was wondering if anybody has any recommendations?

Has anybody tried Costco’s Kirkland photo printing paper in their IP4700’s?

maccabeej
26th October 2010, 11:47 AM
Hi
It's worth looking around for sample packs. Ilford/Harman, Permajet and Hannemuhle all do A4 size packs. Don't know about anywhere else but Process Supplies in London (mailorder) tend to have a good selection.
Jim

StephenL
26th October 2010, 12:06 PM
Hi Chris

Permajet Oyster is good in this printer. So is canon's own paper (naturally) and Epson Glossy.

Ilford Gallerie (pearl and gloss) perform well but take an age to dry - but I only have stocks of their "old" paper - don't know if the new stuff is any better.

I'm going to Costco later this week so I might pick up a pack of their paper.

I have some Agfa Premium Photo Glossy which is goood for the money - got it from Lidl.

It seems to me that this printer (excellent VFM, by the way) prints well on just about any medium.

I've only used genuine inks in it as I'm reluctant to compromise the quality and print life.

ChrisW
27th October 2010, 08:15 AM
Thanks for the replies.

Cannon paper seems to be in very short supply in Edinburgh, and instead I bought a few alternatives. I will try them out and let you know how well they worked.

There seems to be a lot about refilling the cartridges using the "German Method" and non-OEM ink. But comparisons of the results seem to be few and far between.

StephenL
27th October 2010, 08:24 AM
Yes, I ended up buying mine from Argus at the Fort.

Cannon paper seems to be in very short supply in Edinburgh,

Adagio
28th October 2010, 04:19 PM
Try 7Dayshop - very good prices for Canon paper and most varieties in stock.

Graham_of_Rainham
28th October 2010, 05:45 PM
I have just bought an IP4700. Looking at the vast selection of photo printing papers available I was wondering if anybody has any recommendations?

Has anybody tried Costco’s Kirkland photo printing paper in their IP4700’s?

I use Kirkland A4 Professional Glossy Paper (255g/m2) in both my Canon and Epson R2400. It works as well as the high priced branded papers and better than some. Price wise is is VERY cost effective (as is getting Costco to print your images for you)

Whenever you are trying new papers only buy the smallest quantity as a try out.