PDA

View Full Version : Adaptors / Convertors etc

immigrant
13th October 2010, 12:59 PM
Hi there

I have an E-620 with the following lenses :

ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6
ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6

I am at amateur level at the moment, having owned my camera for over a year.

I will be travelling to a music conference and festival in a week so will be using my camera and the above lenses to take photos indoor in potentially quite dark rooms with flashing lights, lasers, strobes, smoke etc etc.

I was wondering if there are any reasonably cheap adaptors etc etc i can put onto the end of my lenses to give some 'fun' type of effects?

i guess i mean that fish eye type of effect or anything at all like that?

sorry if that sounds a bit amateurish the way i have put it but hey, i am an amateur so there ya go :)

(also any quick basic tips for taking these types of indoor club photos would be great, but maybe thats for a different part of the forum....)

thanks!
david

edit: i just found a fish eye lens, and tis about 500..... didnt realise it would be so expensive.... :/

http://www.olympus.co.uk/consumer/dslr_ZUIKO_DIGITAL_ED_8mm_1_3_5_Fisheye.htm

Who's_E
13th October 2010, 01:42 PM
David,

Hop on eBay for lots of options. I typed "58mm fisheye" in there are there are lots of adaptors that can screw into the filter ring of both your lenses to produce a fisheye effect.

There are lots of other options, too. Try soft focus filters (sharp middle, soft edges), star filters (the scratched filter produces starburst effects from lights), lensbabies (expensive, though), maybe even cellophane scrunched up over the lens?

Hope this helps,

Nick

benvendetta
13th October 2010, 09:47 PM
Filters are the way to go rather than auxilliary lenses. But remember that you may never want to use them again..............:eek:

dbutch
14th October 2010, 04:26 PM
You have to be careful putting adaptors on the lens as some can be heavy and may hinder the AF

Might be worth looking at say the Cokin slide in filters they did do some odd prism effect aswell as the starbursts

Dave