PDA

View Full Version : HDR Bracket focus lock

Alan Clogwyn
11th October 2010, 09:26 AM
Was out last night dong my sunset ar pictures, and had intended to do them HDR, but with the 14-42 lens it decided it wanted to refocus between the 3 shots, and evidently not in the same place as when I combined the images they weren't quite aligned.

Is there no way it can be set to record in burst mode with bracketing as well so I don't keep having to press the shutter button and risk moving the camera on the tripod that tinyiest bit?

j.baker
11th October 2010, 09:49 AM
What camera are you using?

theMusicMan
11th October 2010, 10:02 AM
Was out last night dong my sunset ar pictures, and had intended to do them HDR, but with the 14-42 lens it decided it wanted to refocus between the 3 shots, and evidently not in the same place as when I combined the images they weren't quite aligned.

Is there no way it can be set to record in burst mode with bracketing as well so I don't keep having to press the shutter button and risk moving the camera on the tripod that tinyiest bit?
Just make sure you have AEB set to whatever number and _+EV you want, and also ensure you have frame burst mode turned on.

Then when you take a shot, if you have set the AEbracketing to be taken over say three shots, when you press and hold the shutter the camera will take three shots and stop. No need to press the shutter three times.

Alan Clogwyn
11th October 2010, 10:23 AM
Where do I turn that on? I don't see it?

Alan Clogwyn
11th October 2010, 10:26 AM
It's ok found it, didnt realise it had it's own button! :rolleyes:

Now to find something to make a HDR photo of! :D

theMusicMan
11th October 2010, 10:28 AM
What camera do you have Alan?

Alan Clogwyn
11th October 2010, 11:33 AM
E520 - and now I look again I can see it's even an option on the main LCD screen!

In my defence my good eye is out of action at the moment:p

Nick Temple-Fry
11th October 2010, 11:57 AM
E520 - and now I look again I can see it's even an option on the main LCD screen!

In my defence my good eye is out of action at the moment:p

It may not have its own button - but it is prominent on the SCP.

Use of the focus point to match it to an area of high contrast is good, as it reduces the tendency to want to re-focus.

Burst mode does turn of Dark Frame subtraction (NR), so it's not always the best for dim conditions.

Nick

theMusicMan
11th October 2010, 12:04 PM
Forgot to mention... if you want to absolutely ensure it doesn't try to refocus, simply use manual focusing.