PDA

View Full Version : AP tests coming up.

Haisbro
3rd March 2008, 06:18 PM
For those interested AP are doing a test on Silkypix next week (not the 8th March issue) and around the second/third week of March they will be publishing a test comparing E3 with the Nikon D300. I hope they manage to use some of the nice glass available for the E3.

David

OlyPaul
3rd March 2008, 08:45 PM
Well I know from experiance to get the best from silkypix you need a good understanding of the software, for instance its noise reduction is the best I've seen from a raw converter but there are five sliders just for that..so I'm not expecting a great revue from the AP team but they may suprise me. :)

250swb
3rd March 2008, 10:48 PM
AP? You mean Amateur Photographer? I thought they had already done an E3review?

Whatever, they aren't exactly intellectuals so don't expect much sense. These are the people who at the time didn't understand that 4/3rds lenses are a specific design for the format when they did their 'resolution' test using all three DSLR formats. Needless to say they used a full frame Sigma lens on the Olympus E510 to be 'fair'......

Haisbro
4th March 2008, 07:38 AM
I agree with your sentiments but this test is against a well matched opponent in the Nikon D300. It may be of interest to others on here.

This thread should really be in lounge, sorry.

David