PDA

View Full Version : Wow! E-5 pics you must see!

Zuiko
3rd October 2010, 09:12 PM
Thanks to Barrie for posting this link on FTU

http://robinwong.blogspot.com/

So far Robin has covered street shooting and macro with high ISO and low light still to come.

Now we are starting to see some true quality results from the E-5. :)

benvendetta
3rd October 2010, 09:20 PM
I was just about to post this link (I saw it on DPReview).
The sharpness of his images is staggering. Maybe the E-5 will be worth getting after all!

dbutch
3rd October 2010, 09:27 PM
One good photographer with one good camera, I'm impressed I think I could use thst new art filer aswell

Dave

Zuiko
3rd October 2010, 09:51 PM
I was just about to post this link (I saw it on DPReview).
The sharpness of his images is staggering. Maybe the E-5 will be worth getting after all!

Looking at the comments on Robin's site there is even a Canon user saying he is tempted to switch to Olympus on the strength of these results!

It's ironic that Olympus may just have pulled off a masterstroke and we're all slagging them off! There is no doubt in my mind that if Olympus can deliver a body that makes full use of them, SHG lenses will slaughter the competition! :)

Wee man
3rd October 2010, 10:00 PM
I still wonder why Olympus is not supplying lots of sample shots why do we have to hunt around to find them? Surely their marketing people cannot be that poor?

benvendetta
3rd October 2010, 10:18 PM
I still wonder why Olympus is not supplying lots of sample shots why do we have to hunt around to find them? Surely their marketing people cannot be that poor?

They have proved that they can.
Viva the E-5 and SHG glass!

Zuiko
3rd October 2010, 10:47 PM

I suspect that they were so concerned about keeping it a secret that they forgot to get anyone to take some pictures with it! *pnc

Olympus, are you listening? When you do the E-6 let me have one a couple of weeks before you announce it and I'll get loads of pics in all sorts of situations for you. Don't worry, I promise to keep it a secret and cover the logo with gaffer tape! :D

Greytop
3rd October 2010, 10:54 PM
These macro shots look stunning, the detail is extremely impressive..... oh dear :rolleyes:
It's looking like the E-5 could be all that Olympus are claiming it be.

Xpres
4th October 2010, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee man
I suspect that they were so concerned about keeping it a secret that they forgot to get anyone to take some pictures with it!

I think that's exactly what they want to happen. there is nothing much to shout about for the 'mags' to get excited about so a 'word of mouth' approach is likely to have more success.

I will be watching with interest - I'm tempted to replace my L10 and EP1 with an E5, but it needs to be really worth it... there are so many other temptations out there. ;)

OlyPaul
4th October 2010, 09:08 AM
Very impressive, the question now is will we see this improvement in the raw file or is it mainly a product of the jpeg processing engine? I wait with bated breath.:)

benvendetta
4th October 2010, 11:52 AM
I just hope that images this good will come out of the RAW files.
Of course they should.

Zuiko
4th October 2010, 04:46 PM
The third and last instalment of Robert Wong's E-5 review is now posted on his blog, concentrating on low light and high ISO. I'm just reading it myself right now! :)

Melaka
4th October 2010, 07:58 PM
After seeing those how could one possibly not buy an E5? I'm polishing my cheque book already!

I was out today in Dorset taking pix for an article with the E3/50-200 and E620/12-60. I'm particularly impressed with the E620 which I only acquired last week.

kelvinator
4th October 2010, 09:36 PM
Thanks to Barrie for posting this link on FTU

http://robinwong.blogspot.com/

So far Robin has covered street shooting and macro with high ISO and low light still to come.

Now we are starting to see some true quality results from the E-5. :)

Thanks for the link - I've never heard of this guy before. I have to say he is a talented photographer and shows how awesome the E5 is. Some absolutely stunning images. The macro shots are fantastic. Even the dramatic tone filter looks pretty impressive (and I'm not a real fan of art filters). I think that the people who slagged the E5 off may have done so prematurely! Looks like a really good piece of kit to me.

Kelvin

blu-by-u
5th October 2010, 07:31 AM
Well kelvinator, Robin is a totally unknown in the photography world. What I can tell you is this guy is very humble and have only recently progressed very fast in his skill and talents.

Another space to watch...http://malaysianspiders.blogspot.com/
The owner of this space have also been blessed to review the E-5. He is also another unknown photographer and till today, he still shots with that E-500 and 35mm..He only recently upgraded to a 50mm.

kelvinator
5th October 2010, 08:17 AM
Well kelvinator, Robin is a totally unknown in the photography world. What I can tell you is this guy is very humble and have only recently progressed very fast in his skill and talents.

The owner of this space have also been blessed to review the E-5. He is also another unknown photographer and till today, he still shots with that E-500 and 35mm..He only recently upgraded to a 50mm.

Morning,

thanks for the info and the new link. Again, another fine example of excellent macro work. I have tried macro a few times and found it to be pretty difficult to get ant decent pics. Having seen the work on here and in these links, along with the techniques descibed, I feel I should have another go sometime soon.

cheers

Kelvin

Alan Clogwyn
5th October 2010, 08:55 AM
Love the dramatic tone art filter, that wuld save me a lot of PP! Shame I can't justify the extra 1500 to get my hands on it!

Zuiko
6th October 2010, 01:37 PM
Robin Wong has now published a summary of his trial of the E-5 on his blog, with more great pictures including extensive use of the damatic tone art filter. Just click on the link in the OP then click "Home" on Robin's blog. :)

Greytop
6th October 2010, 02:05 PM
I have to say Robin has done a top job, a very good and useful read, very enthusing :)

jonsey
9th October 2010, 07:07 PM
well, i for one am almost sold, i hope the price is nearer to 1k than 1500, but the PQ looks stunning...:)

blu-by-u
11th October 2010, 01:29 AM
Don't jump at it so fast. As with previous launches, a couple of months will see interesting packages and bundles. And if you can wait a year or 2, then discounts. :D As for me, I will wait for a new PEN. The E-PL1 is serving me well for now.

blu-by-u
20th October 2010, 01:27 AM

Morning,

thanks for the info and the new link. Again, another fine example of excellent macro work. I have tried macro a few times and found it to be pretty difficult to get ant decent pics. Having seen the work on here and in these links, along with the techniques descibed, I feel I should have another go sometime soon.

cheers

Kelvin

The Blog owner have updated those macros with a test E-5.

Enjoy.