PDA

View Full Version : 34th Challenge - OLD

Susan
3rd October 2010, 03:03 PM
34th Challenge - Old

Hopefully it's a broad enough spectrum to get your creative thinking caps on and inspire some great photo's?

Please email me with your image to susan.wardrop@btopenworld.com and please include the words Olympus Challenge in the title line.

Details:

-Max of 800 pixels wide or high
-Up to 512Kbytes
-EXIF intact please
-Taken by you on an E-series camera between Sunday 2nd October 2010 and Saturday 23rd October 2010 inclusive.
-Please include your name, your forum moniker and a title for the picture.

Full rules:

1. Photos should be taken (dated in EXIF) between Sunday 2nd October 2010 and Saturday 23rd October 2010 inclusive and sent to me during that period. Photos will be posted on Sunday 24th October 2010. Voting will be from Sunday 24th Oct until midnight Saturday 30th Oct 2010. I will announce the results on Sunday 30th October 2010.

2. You must be the photographer who created the picture in order to enter the challenge, and all entries must be visibly anonymous and should be sent to the challenge organiser. You must indicate (a) your real name, (b) your e-group forum name and (c) a title for your photo, in the email. Any entries that are not clearly identifiable and verifiable won't be entered into the challenge.

3. Entries to the challenge :-

Should contain no watermarks, distinguishing effects and no borders
Must be jpg format and no more than 800 pixels on the longest edge
Must have been taken on an Olympus E-Series camera
Must have all EXIF data included for the organiser to verify.
Max file size to suit the gallery here is 512kb.

4. You need to be registered on e-group.uk.net forums to qualify for entry into the challenge. The organiser may also enter the challenge (the entries are anonymous and the organiser is trusted to record votes accurately).

5. Only one entry permitted per challenge please. But if you want to withdraw an entry or replace it with another that's OK, you must make it clear in an email to the challenge organiser before the closing date, also ensure the email contains clear instructions and (if required) your replacement picture.

6. Voting on the challenge:-

Any registered member of the e-group forum may vote, including those who submit entries.
Those who submit entries may vote for their own photo but are expected to allot their choices fairly on perceived merit.
Voters should list their three choices in order of preference, by display number and title to avoid confusion.
Points will be allotted as follows: three to first choice, two to second choice, one to third choice.

Look forward to receiving your entries.

Would appreciate if a moderator could make this a sticky please? (and maybe remove the stickies from previous older challenges?)

Thanks
Susan

dbutch
6th October 2010, 08:36 PM
Nice one, see what we can do

Dave

Welshlansdcaper
7th October 2010, 08:36 AM
I'm old, will I do?

Mike

Susan
11th October 2010, 11:54 AM
yup Mike you could submit a self portrait? :)

Quite sad to say though that the first weeks gone and I've not received any entries :(
fingers crossed for some this week!

Susan
14th October 2010, 01:16 PM
Well I'm glad to say a couple of entries have been received, we're almost half way through now, come on folks get your shots in :)

S

Susan
20th October 2010, 03:09 PM
Come on folks, still time to get your competition entries in :)

S