PDA

View Full Version : An interesting interview with Mr.Terada at Photokina

Greytop
27th September 2010, 11:31 AM
Spotted on dpr, an interesting interview with Mr.Terada at Photokina from dslr media.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYuzuS8i0Vg

catkins
27th September 2010, 04:22 PM
Well spotted and as you say an interesting interview that seems to back the principle that the market will be developed by Olympus with continued development in the near future of high end E DSLRs for the enthusiast & pro type market, and the PEN mirrorless cameras for the mass market.

Their market share for the PEN cameras in Japan, Taiwan and the Far East is quite a revelation and they obviously expect the market to grow in Europe after relatively 'slow' initial acceptance (in comparison to the speed of growth in the Far East). It would seem to make a lot of sense from a business point of view as it is Olympus's best way to challenge the duopoly of the Canikon in the mass market. Mr Tareda did seem to be positive about the need to keep in the E DSLR field though, and within this the E-5 does fit within the principles of what he was saying.

Anyhow, I must go and stand on my camera and see how strong it really is - if it's not strong enough then I guess I might be hunting for one of the first E-5 to reach these shores! The very low plate glass 'coffee table' idea shown near the end of the video seemed more suited though for Japan than here!!!

shenstone
27th September 2010, 05:23 PM
Really nice interview

As others have said - impressive m4/3 numbers from Asia... I freely admit to being a luddite however

Regards
Andy

Zuiko
27th September 2010, 09:30 PM
A helpful and reassuring interview. I've no desire to stand on my E-3 but I've no doubt it could take it. I was amused by the gentle trickle of water on the E-5, if it's anything like the E-3 it can take far more than that! :D

Greytop
27th September 2010, 10:01 PM
A helpful and reassuring interview.

Agreed, hopefully Mr Terada and other Olympus top brass see a place for a 4/3 Pro/Semi-Pro body for the foreseeable future, fingers crossed :)

Greytop
1st October 2010, 11:09 PM
Another interview, again spotted on dpr http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqJfXpj6l3g