PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Rod Souter
22nd November 2007, 10:09 PM
I'm Rod and live in the East Riding. I have just bought a 510 twin lens kit, migrating from a 4M pixel Olympus point and shoot. I have legacy OM lenses and when I have learnt to drive my 510, will try and use some of them!
When the 510 arrived I thought YESSSS, followed by Oh No (the battery will be fully charged after about 5-8 hours) Grr.

Regards

Rod

Ian
23rd November 2007, 09:28 AM
I'm Rod and live in the East Riding. I have just bought a 510 twin lens kit, migrating from a 4M pixel Olympus point and shoot. I have legacy OM lenses and when I have learnt to drive my 510, will try and use some of them!
When the 510 arrived I thought YESSSS, followed by Oh No (the battery will be fully charged after about 5-8 hours) Grr.

Regards

Rod

Welcome Rod - the wait for the battery to charge first time has caught out a few people I know :D

It's the people who already had an E-System camera that have had the fortune to pop in a charged battery straighth away.

Don't forget we are giving away 25 batteries this month and 25 next month - all you need to do is post some decent pictures to the gallery and you could be a winner!

Ian

emirpprime
23rd November 2007, 09:36 AM
Hi Rod.
Lol, its the biggest downside of new cameras! I'm sure they would sell more if they printed on the box it was supplied with a charged battery ready to go.
Sure you'll enjoy the new camera :) I look forward to seeing some of your shots, and hearing how you get on with the OMs.

Al the best,
Phil

PeterD
23rd November 2007, 11:41 AM
Welcome Rod - the wait for the battery to charge first time has caught out a few people I know :D

It's the people who already had an E-System camera that have had the fortune to pop in a charged battery straighth away.

Don't forget we are giving away 25 batteries this month and 25 next month - all you need to do is post some decent pictures to the gallery and you could be a winner!

Ian

Ian,

Have you got those batteries on charge then? :D

Only joking;)

PeterD

theMusicMan
23rd November 2007, 12:04 PM
Hey Rod - don't forget the £100 cashback offer currently on with Olympus for purchases of the E-510...

Welcome by the way :)

Rod Souter
23rd November 2007, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the greetings:)

I have already posted the forms to Olympus for the cash-back:D

Regards

Rod