PDA

View Full Version : Photos taken by E-5

Shaw
20th September 2010, 12:46 PM
I found this on another forum

http://www.flickr.com/photos/olddo/5001482440/in/set-72157624961956682/

Ian
20th September 2010, 02:46 PM
I'll have a gallery up on Four Thirds User later this evening :)

I also have some comparison shots with a Pen E-P2.

Ian

theMusicMan
20th September 2010, 03:17 PM
I know we ought not to comment on models used in photoshoots... by by golly, cutting right to the chase... couldn't Oly pull a decent looker out of the bag, she is a monster.

Barr1e
20th September 2010, 03:28 PM
I know we ought not to comment on models used in photoshoots... by by golly, cutting right to the chase... couldn't Oly pull a decent looker out of the bag, she is a monster.

Monster - where? I think she looks fine to me. :)

Regards. Barr1e

ndl0071
20th September 2010, 03:32 PM

Hey John, when you get to a certian age even monsters start to look attractive (so they tell me:rolleyes:) you just wait.........

Welshlansdcaper
20th September 2010, 04:13 PM
My god! I wouldn't say no....

Mike;)

Ian
20th September 2010, 04:40 PM
John, we must be looking at different models!

Ian

Wreckdiver
20th September 2010, 04:58 PM
I wouldn't kick her out of bed on a cold night ;) or is that just giving my age away?

Steve

j.baker
20th September 2010, 06:02 PM
I think that John meant http://www.flickr.com/photos/olddo/4996331364/in/set-72157624961956682/

Zuiko
20th September 2010, 06:26 PM
I think that John meant http://www.flickr.com/photos/olddo/4996331364/in/set-72157624961956682/

There are times, on a lonely night, when even that I could find attractive. :eek: *laugh

Zuiko
20th September 2010, 06:29 PM
I'll have a gallery up on Four Thirds User later this evening :)

I also have some comparison shots with a Pen E-P2.

Ian

That's really what we are waiting for, pictures from a reliable and trusted source. *chr

stevednp3
20th September 2010, 07:55 PM
mmmmh no comment :D

Ian is there any chance you can upload some full size JPEGs so we can download and inspect and have you taken any high ISO examples ?

*chr

Garrie
20th September 2010, 08:10 PM
There are times, on a lonely night, when even that I could find attractive. :eek: *laugh

:eek: *yes *laugh

normally involves too much *chr for me lol

Nick Temple-Fry
20th September 2010, 11:43 PM
Unfortunately not featuring any ladies for John to give his judgement on - but there are 6 downloadable shots (one at iso 1600)

http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/27267/olympus-e-5/

Can't say I'm over impressed with the iso 1600 shot (the tunnel), but I suspect it was as much technique as the camera. It would have been tricky to shoot and the noise that shows up around the ceiling/signs is explicable - particularly if it was just done point and shoot.

Nick

Zuiko
21st September 2010, 12:20 AM
Oh, the irony! Olympus launch a new flagship "Professional" camera with bold claims about the IQ but precious few actual photographs taken with it. Leaving us to scratch around in every dark corner of the Internet for any scrap of an image we can garner. You'd think they would already have an official gallery of stunning pictures shot at every ISO level.

Next time you launch a prestigeous camera, Olympus, let me have one a couple of weeks in advance and I'll take some for you! :D

Nick Temple-Fry
21st September 2010, 12:26 AM
Marketing - Olympus:D:D:D

Who else would have an affordable 'pro' camera and weatherproof lenses, well upto a British Summer wedding/holiday - and not push that feature.

Mayhaps we should ask for the UK marketing budget and show them how to sell the cameras.

Nick

DavidJ1609
3rd October 2010, 07:01 PM
Marketing - Olympus:D:D:D
Mayhaps we should ask for the UK marketing budget and show them how to sell the cameras.
Nick
I think the budget would be good for 2 pints of lager and a packet of crisps.*
*chr

David.
* During Happy hour! :D

blu-by-u
6th October 2010, 02:29 AM
I tend to agree with John on this one. If you want to show, please at least use a better looking model. I am sure there is lots of willing beautiful models in Taiwan for it.

Why is it I get the feeling the FACE is out of proportion and looks like a bad cut and paste job??

DavidJ1609
6th October 2010, 04:51 AM
Why is it I get the feeling the FACE is out of proportion and looks like a bad cut and paste job??

Here in China, the stick-thin emaciated look with big eyes/face is all the rage.

There are many girls looking like this, and they get the guys with the money.

David.

blu-by-u
7th October 2010, 07:38 AM
Here in China, the stick-thin emaciated look with big eyes/face is all the rage.

There are many girls looking like this, and they get the guys with the money.

David.

Which part of China? I thought pencil thin eyes and almond face is the in thing? :D Maybe I am wrong..time to redraw my expectation.

DavidJ1609
7th October 2010, 08:52 AM
Which part of China? I thought pencil thin eyes and almond face is the in thing? :D Maybe I am wrong..time to redraw my expectation.

My expectations of China were shattered upon landing! :D

China has many faces, from almost Russian/European mix in the north to Malay/Thai in the south. The ethnic make-up and variety is astounding. There are many very beautiful women here.

The pencil thin eyes are out of fashion and, like Korea, plastic surgery is all the rage. The shame is that large eyes are European influence in the genes - so by wanting to follow the "big-eyed" look, the people are actually saying they don't want to look traditional Chinese.

The country is developing faster than their society can cope with, leaving many Chinese unsure of what to do: caught between tradition and an ever increasing range of social freedoms never before encountered.

David.