PDA

View Full Version : How to take stunning photo's

rsh1960
14th September 2010, 05:29 PM
Six part series starting tonight on channel 5 at 7.30

Ulfric M Douglas
14th September 2010, 05:44 PM
I saw and advert for it : something from the "Gadget show" isn't it?
If it's anything like the way those muppets 'tested' some DSLRs for shooting fast-moving action we'll have NOTHING to learn.
Let's hope the producers hire a photogapher or two.

(And by muppets I really mean mupopets in the strongest terms.)

swifthalf
14th September 2010, 09:08 PM
i watched it good for noobs like me lol

theMusicMan
15th September 2010, 06:46 AM
I watched it, but for a programme that by the title suggests I should be interested in watching it, it didn't grab me at all and I spent most of the time talking to my son through it.

j.baker
15th September 2010, 07:45 AM
I started to watch it, but got distracted.

My freesat box will record the series.....if I can be bothered to watch it.

snaarman
15th September 2010, 08:31 AM
I started to watch it, but got distracted.

My freesat box will record the series.....if I can be bothered to watch it.

Yes exactly the same situation here. :)

Ian
15th September 2010, 08:42 AM
Caught the end of yesterday's - not impressed to be honest.

Ian

Zuiko
15th September 2010, 09:26 AM
My first reaction was, "Oh on, I missed it!" but having read the reactions here I'm starting to feel I haven't missed very much. :rolleyes:

Ulfric M Douglas
15th September 2010, 10:25 AM
You didn't miss much.
There WAS a proper photographer on, giving advice ... but in the end the best photos got discarded, in my opinion.
There was a typical sidelighted ballerina pic : very nice indeed but it was discarded for some freakish 'unusual' combination of ballerina and 'lawyer' in library. Confused me I can tell you.
There was a good photo involding a bench and an umbrella.
There was a godawful mess featuring an icecream van which the expert said was very good.
The 'best' photo of that lot was a bloke standing on a bridge with one leg up. I reckoned it needed a load more contrast/shadow and lo and behold when the winning pic was revealed they'd tweaked it and printed it with more shadow. I'm sick of telly folks and their lies. :mad:

Talking of lies : prize in some phone-in at the end was a Lumix G2, 3-lens kit which the lass told us was worth over 2500 quids!
well ... it isn't. :mad: