PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Wet & Windy Wigan

IanV
1st March 2008, 10:04 AM
Howdy,
Only found you guys yesterday, thought I would say a big hello!

I have had my E-1 for about 12 months now, it was at the final round of discount at Warehouse Express when I nabbed it. Have nothing but good things to say about the ergonimics etc It just feels good to use. Plus some stunning pics at "only" 5Mp :-)

I got myself a Hong Kong four-thirds to OM adapter and regularly have my 28mm and 50mm OMZ glass hanging off the front - great for getting shallow DOF and some okey dokey bokeh.

I also have an OM-10 which is my cheap and cheerful travel wide-angle option. (OM-2n's are so cheap now mmmmmmmm - I need one of those!). Oh yeah can't forget the Mju-II for twenty quid - loaded with Ilford XP2 - 2 quid for Dev & scan to Cd in Tesco's - bargain!. Reverse engineered Digital photography at it's best!

I've recently got some wireless flash triggers so keep an eye out for some gallery pics lit from some odd angles.

Have been volunteered to be friend's son's lighting tech for his college assignment - night-time skateboarders - should be fun!

Any Networking / Linux / Gimp problems I might be of some help.

Ta for now

Barr1e
1st March 2008, 10:24 AM
Hi Ian -

Welcome to this ever growing site. I'm sure your skills, hints and tips could benefit some of the membership. Look forward to your posts and pix in the gallery etc.

Regards. Barr1e

Scapula Memory
1st March 2008, 10:38 AM
Howdy,
Only found you guys yesterday, thought I would say a big hello!

I have had my E-1 for about 12 months now, it was at the final round of discount at Warehouse Express when I nabbed it. Have nothing but good things to say about the ergonimics etc It just feels good to use. Plus some stunning pics at "only" 5Mp :-)

Welcome Ian, and there was me thinking I bagged the last E1 from Warehouse Express! Watched it like a hawk before jumping and very pleased with its performance :)

IanV
1st March 2008, 11:15 AM
Forgot to add that I have been given the green light for a 11-22mm lens.
At last I might get some "big" pics without having to walk backwards into the road to take them :D

Ian
1st March 2008, 12:24 PM
Forgot to add that I have been given the green light for a 11-22mm lens.
At last I might get some "big" pics without having to walk backwards into the road to take them :D

Oh no, not another Ian :D

Welcome to the site - enjoy it and let's see some of your work soon!

Ian

BigD
1st March 2008, 08:11 PM
welcome to e-systems Ian.

Dave.

emirpprime
1st March 2008, 10:10 PM
Hi Ian,
I look forward to seeing your odd angles :D
See you around,
Phil

Ellie
2nd March 2008, 12:36 AM
http://www.chins-n-quills.com/forums/images/smilies/hello3.gif

Hi Ian, and welcome to the forum :)

PeterD
2nd March 2008, 09:31 AM
Hi Ian

Welcome to the site. Its great to have some more experienced folk on board to help we learners.

Look forward to hearing more from you and seeing your images.

PeterD