PDA

View Full Version : Feature set for the E5: Oly US www site

theMusicMan
14th September 2010, 02:52 PM
Not sure if people have seen this pretty detailed spec of the new E5, but it's all here on the Olympus US www site.

http://olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/product.asp?product=1525&page=overview

There are 5 tabs in total.

So, watcha think?

Kiwi Paul
14th September 2010, 03:04 PM
To be honest I'm quite happy with it, assuming it's image quality, dynamic range and High ISO are significantly better than the E3 then it has all I wanted. I love the E3 and for most of the time the E3 serves me perfectly, this can only improve on that and I'm looking forward to it's release. I'll almost certainly upgrade, I'm not changing brands, I love the SHG lenses far too much. The fact that it uses compatible batteries as the E3 is good as I'll be keeping the E3 too.

Paul

shenstone
14th September 2010, 05:44 PM
it's on the UK site as well (although harder to find)

http://www.olympus.co.uk/consumer/dslr_23432.htm

What do I think... I't OK, they claim less noise (key change needed) but I want the smaller version

Regards
Andy

smartwombat
14th September 2010, 07:18 PM
Compared to other professional cameras I own:
Less AF points, lower resolution.
Better IS, dust reduction, lighter, smaller, tilt/swivel screen, live view.

Compared to what I might upgrade to:
Less AF points, lower resolution, lower video resolution, less video control.
Better IS.

If I compared just on bullet points, the E5 wouldn't even come close.

But if I already had an E3 (instead of my E-P1) then having bought into a system - I think it's a good upgrade.
That's the key thing to this announcement, I reckon it extends the future life of the Olympus 4/3 system.

Zuiko
14th September 2010, 08:11 PM
It confirms one thing of which I was not sure: The AF system has been redesigned so presumably we can look forward to an improvement in that department too!

I might have to sell a kidney....*laugh

benvendetta
14th September 2010, 09:14 PM
I really wanted the E-3 and got it within weeks of its release. The E-5 doesn't have enough 'must-haves' to tempt me I am afraid.
Guess I will soldier on with my 'old' E-3 and just wait another three years for the E-7.............;)

Or............