PDA

View Full Version : New RC Flash - FL-50R / FL-36R

dlinney
22nd November 2007, 01:09 PM
At the press launch event we had the opportunity to use the new remote control (RC) FL-50R flash guns. I have to say I was impressed by the implementation of the facility and the control process from the E-3. Although Olympus proclaim the benefit of the tilt/swivel LCD for LiveView I found it was also very helpful for "normal" shooting when you want to set things like the flash ratio between multiple FL-50R units.

Having just "migrated" to the E-System I haven't got any investment in existing Olympus flashguns so, having been impressed by the new flash system, have just placed an order for 2 x FL-50R's.

Ian
22nd November 2007, 01:24 PM
At the press launch event we had the opportunity to use the new remote control (RC) FL-50R flash guns. I have to say I was impressed by the implementation of the facility and the control process from the E-3. Although Olympus proclaim the benefit of the tilt/swivel LCD for LiveView I found it was also very helpful for "normal" shooting when you want to set things like the flash ratio between multiple FL-50R units.

Having just "migrated" to the E-System I haven't got any investment in existing Olympus flashguns so, having been impressed by the new flash system, have just placed an order for 2 x FL-50R's.

Indeed, in many ways I prefer the tilt screen to the 'Super Control Panel' LCD on the top anyway, so being able to tilt it for comfortable viewing is ideal. I can see a touch screen coming next... :)

Ian

dlinney
7th December 2007, 11:59 PM
For info, got a phone call from Park Cameras today to say my FL-50R flash guns are in stock.