PDA

View Full Version : Minolta AF/Sony Alpha to 4/3

Rik_H
1st September 2010, 01:27 PM
I have looked all over to try and find one of these and nothing other than micro 4/3.
Is there anyone out there that knows of one of these please let me know
:confused:

BobS
1st September 2010, 02:06 PM
I have looked all over to try and find one of these and nothing other than micro 4/3.
Is there anyone out there that knows of one of these please let me know
:confused:

I don't think there is an adapter for Minolta AF lenses as you have to be able to adjust both the aperture and the focus on the lens. I have several Rokkor AF lenses I cannot use.

Alan Clogwyn
1st September 2010, 02:32 PM
You can get one but it won't focus to infinity.

Rik_H
1st September 2010, 02:37 PM
Ok that makes sense to me , so how does it work with the micro 4/3 how do you adjust the app on them.
I'm not arguing just asking a further question ?

edit
just seen the response where do you get those have you a link by any chance?

BobS
1st September 2010, 03:31 PM
You can get one but it won't focus to infinity.

Does that mean it has the necessary contacts in the adapter, Alan? I expect it's the thin/thickness of the adapter that prevents infinity focussing.

Alan Clogwyn
1st September 2010, 03:50 PM
No you won't be able to use anything electrical, so you'd need a lens that has a proper aperture and focus ring. Probably best used for third party lenses in that fitement I'd have thought - Minolta Dynax stuff and the like rather than the newer stuff?

Can't find the adapter now either! Can't remmeber what it was listed as!

Rik_H
1st September 2010, 03:58 PM
lol bugger I had my fingers crossed.

BobS
1st September 2010, 04:19 PM
No you won't be able to use anything electrical, so you'd need a lens that has a proper aperture and focus ring. Probably best used for third party lenses in that fitement I'd have thought - Minolta Dynax stuff and the like rather than the newer stuff?

Can't find the adapter now either! Can't remmeber what it was listed as!

Only MD and MC lenses that were made for the non-auto cameras like the Minolta 700 etc.

Alan Clogwyn
1st September 2010, 05:21 PM
I've got an MC/MD adapter here, it's not exactly secure... but there was definitely an Alpha mount adapter availble, I remember i tbeing on my watch list for ages on ebay, but I decided I wasn't likely to use any lens of that system if it couldn't focus to infinity and now it's no longer listed on ebay at all. Oh well, there are better lenses in better mounts out there....

Rik_H
1st September 2010, 11:17 PM
Yes Iknow but I have a stack of them here from my old Dynax 8000i that I wanted to use.

Rik_H
3rd September 2010, 08:44 AM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320553066254&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

I have asked the question to a few of the ebay sellers in the far east.
This is what thery are saying will work does anyone on here have any ideas if this will work?

BobS
3rd September 2010, 12:43 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320553066254&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

I have asked the question to a few of the ebay sellers in the far east.
This is what thery are saying will work does anyone on here have any ideas if this will work?

These are not, IMHO, for use with auto focus lenses, Rik. The item on Ebay states it's for MD and MC lenses. I believe that the bayonet fittings on the auto-focus lenses are different to that of MD and MC lenses

Rik_H
3rd September 2010, 12:50 PM
Thanks for that Bob I was just about to buy that one yuo saved me from a costly mistake

BobS
3rd September 2010, 02:52 PM
Thanks for that Bob I was just about to buy that one yuo saved me from a costly mistake

I HATE costly mistakes! I do believe, however, that Rokkor auto lenses fit Sony digital cameras (though I may be wrong) so they may be of use. I'm not suggesting that you change brands, though!*nono

*chr

FoxKisaraki
18th July 2013, 08:01 AM
There DO HAVE Sony Alpha -> 4/3 adapt ring, You may reference to ttp://0rz.tw/Kg0QJ

The adapt ring was made by "collective" on the site photofam.jp, which can focus to ∞. You can see STF 135mm & 70-200mm SSM work fine on olympus E-510.

Unfortunately, this adapt ring was an engineering sample and not massive production.