PDA

View Full Version : E-3 Owners - Claim your free HLD-4 grip

CaptainD
22nd November 2007, 09:24 AM
Just in case any of you lucky E-3 owners are not aware, Olympus has a promotion for you to recieve a free battery power grip HLD-4. All that is required is for you to register your E-3 by the 31st of December 2007 and then send a copy of the sales receipt to Olympus. Of course you also can claim a free back pack before 31st of November. I had and email from Olympus this morning, here is the web link for these great offers

Free HLD-4

http://www.olympus.co.uk/consumer/dslr_powergrip.htm

Free backpack

http://www.olympus.co.uk/consumer/dslr_probackpack.htm

Hopefully all you lucky E-3 owners already know about these offers but I would hate it if anyone missed out on these.

Sadly I will not be one of the lucky ones

Chris

Chillimonster
22nd November 2007, 11:04 AM
For the grip, do you have to have a camera already registered.

If so, i am screwed - as i sold my E-510 before registering it with Olympus.

Vokesie
22nd November 2007, 11:09 AM
One of the conditions is that you have your current E-system camera registered to be elegable for the powergrip promotion

PeterD
23rd November 2007, 11:04 AM
Olympus UK are really pushing the E3 now with e-mails and letter post. They even think that I can afford two as they also sent an e-mail to my wife (some luck).
Now I wonder if they know its her birthday tomorrow and they are taking advantage. I hope she will be happy with a loan of the E500.

PeterD

Westy
23rd November 2007, 05:25 PM
Does anybody know if Olympus reply to the emails sent for the two promotions or do we just sit and wait ?

Vokesie
23rd November 2007, 05:27 PM
I have recieved an email this moring from the email address on the website, Saying:

Dear Dave Vokes,

I regret, this is only technical support based in Czech Rep.

Please turn to your dealer or Olympus UK, your distributor.

UK Customer Support
For local product support, service and repair enquiries
Tel +44 (0) 1923 831201 Press option 4 in the menu
(10.00am to 4.00pm Monday to Friday)

So I dont know!!!!!!

emirpprime
23rd November 2007, 05:51 PM
Well I've had no reply from Imaging.News@olympus-europa.com (who I sent the emails to). So I hope that is normal! I have a feeling it is, with the E1 free lens etc promotions, you just sent in a postal form with scan or receipt adn warranty card and waited, there was no intremediate confirmation. A lens just turned up one day :)
Roll on the freebies!
Phil

Invicta
23rd November 2007, 05:57 PM
Well I've had no reply from Imaging.News@olympus-europa.com (who I sent the emails to...

I emailed the above addy when I could not log on to the Olympus consumer web site. It took 12 days to get a reply but they did reply in the end to confirm the consumer site had been down for updates.

PeterD
23rd November 2007, 07:42 PM
I contacted olympus by phone to egister my interest in the E3 and also checked to ensure my E500 was registered. Te Europa e-mail address is for you to end a opy of your purchase receipt, as I understand.

PeterD

Vokesie
23rd November 2007, 08:08 PM
I have sent a copy of my reciept to that email and got the responce as above

Ian
23rd November 2007, 08:21 PM
Hi all, I'll get some clarification from Olympus UK asap - probably Monday now. I'm sure that none of you will lose out. ;)

Ian

Vokesie
23rd November 2007, 08:29 PM
thanks Ian

R MacE
24th November 2007, 11:00 AM
Thanks Ian,

I also e-mailed them with a scan of Invoice and in the case of the Backpack Invoice and Warranty Card.

Hope to at least hear from them, just to put my mind at ease :)

Bo_Nydahl
28th November 2007, 07:24 PM
Don't you just hate it when things appear to fall into a big black hole?

Mike:(

nad
28th November 2007, 08:14 PM
I picked up my E-3 on Monday, and haven't been able to register on until this afternoon.
I send an e-mail to support team on Monday describing the problem - I got a error message saying: "Could not find your Login Name or Member ID. Please try again or call our support team".
All they did was sending my ID/password. Well well well how "clever":-(((
I also e-mailed Olympus Denmark but haven't got an answer.
Now I've registered everything (E-3, E-510, E-400 and lenses) and e-mailed a scan of the invoice and asked them to confirm my procedure.

niels

Dick Bowman
30th November 2007, 03:41 PM
I tend to feel a little wary of these offer/rebate schemes - too many anecdotal stories from people who lose out because there's some little rule that they fail on. Not sure whether that's because they're careless or whether the rules are designed to trap the unwary (like finding Rawlplugs and Balaclavas in ladies handbags).

Then there's the lack of feedback until "something" might turn up in the mail.

Would much prefer simplicity and directness. Even better - just cut the price.

Ian
30th November 2007, 04:29 PM
I tend to feel a little wary of these offer/rebate schemes - too many anecdotal stories from people who lose out because there's some little rule that they fail on. Not sure whether that's because they're careless or whether the rules are designed to trap the unwary (like finding Rawlplugs and Balaclavas in ladies handbags).

Then there's the lack of feedback until "something" might turn up in the mail.

Would much prefer simplicity and directness. Even better - just cut the price.

I know what you mean, but in this case, Olympus UK are very keen to ensure that everyone who should be getting these promotional items - does.

This site is has a direct line of communication with Olympus UK, so if there are any mishaps, help will be offered.

Ian

Invicta
30th November 2007, 05:50 PM
I know what you mean, but in this case, Olympus UK are very keen to ensure that everyone who should be getting these promotional items - does.

This site is has a direct line of communication with Olympus UK, so if there are any mishaps, help will be offered.

Ian

I am confident Olympus would honour the promotion. The key is to get your supplier to provide dated proof of order and not just invoice you when the camera is dispatched.

Jim
30th November 2007, 08:13 PM
I received my E-3 on Friday 23rd Nov, I emailed Imaging.News@olympus-europa.com that evening with two emails, one for the Free HLD-4 power grip promotion and one for the Free E-System pro backpack promotion.

I added an request for a 'Read Recipt' and got two read receipts on the following monday morning.

Then just to make doubly sure I emailed them again asking for written confirmation of receipt of the two emails and also asking general timeframes.

I then got a reply from Olympus Imaging Europa GmbH stating that they had received my emails but no indication of delivery timeframes.

Like it has been said, I think we just have to wait and hope everything arrives in the post one day.

PeterD
30th November 2007, 09:30 PM
Hi all, I'll get some clarification from Olympus UK asap - probably Monday now. I'm sure that none of you will lose out. ;)

Ian

Ian,

Is this issue now resolved? Sorry if you have already replied but I have not found a message that closes this out.

Many thanks

PeterD

Ian
1st December 2007, 11:11 AM
Ian,

Is this issue now resolved? Sorry if you have already replied but I have not found a message that closes this out.

Many thanks

PeterD

No problem - does this have the answers you were looking for?:

http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=183

Ian

PeterD
1st December 2007, 04:40 PM
Thanks Ian that clears it up. I was very embarrassed about bringing it up as I thought it was a wild goose chase. Now i feel better.

Cheers

PeterD

Melaka
11th December 2007, 07:55 AM
Ian

Is there any pressure you can bring to bear on Olympus about the grip and backpack please? Early purchasers of the E3 have paid a premium price, partly because they're attracted by things like the grip. I've had my camera for over a fortnight and emailed my invoice on 23rd November. I've not even had an acknowledgment, let alone an indication of when I might expect the grip and backpack. These are not free items, the cost is factored into the price, which will start to drop once the promotion is over. We'd all be pretty hacked off if one of the UK dealers took our money and then didn't deliver the goods for over a fortnight. I'm a relatively recent convert to Olympus and I'm deeply unimpressed if this is typical of the level of service they provide. I'd like mine within the week so I can take it when I go away for Christmas.

Thanks.

Jim
11th December 2007, 09:04 AM
Melaka,

I would agree. I initially thought that they would be sending out items after the closing date of 31st Dec 07 but then re looked at the offer page.

Free HLD-4 power grip promotion
As owner of an Olympus E-System D-SLR camera, you are eligible to receive a HLD-4 power grip free of charge when purchasing the new E-3. Taking advantage of this special loyalty offer is as easy as 1, 2 and 3:

1. Ensure that your current E-System camera is officially registered
2. Register your new Olympus E-3 by 31 December 2007
3. Post, fax or email your purchase receipt to:

Olympus D-SLR Promotion
Postfach 1420
32773 Lage
Germany

Fax: +49 (0) 5232-68445

E-Mail: Imaging.News@olympus-europa.com

Once all conditions have been fulfilled, the HLD-4 power grip will mailed out to your given address. Click here to go to product registration page

Legal notice:
1. This is a promotion of Olympus Imaging Europa GmbH and its participating liaison offices and
distributors respectively.
2. For details, please visit our country and regional websites.
3. Unfortunately, customers outside the distribution territories of participating liaison offices and
distributors may not participate.
4. Dispatch to outside of paticipating countries does not take place.5. No employees of Olympus are eligible to enter.
6. Legal action is excluded. It clearly states, "Once all conditions have been fulfilled, the HLD-4 power grip will mailed out to your given address" which makes me think that they would be sending out the items as each customer completes rather than at the end of the promotion.

DerekW
11th December 2007, 09:35 AM
However Olympus did ship out the missing items from the box very promptly

Jim
11th December 2007, 09:39 AM
Very true Derek, good point and a big thumbs up to Oly UK.

The promotions are run by Oly Europe as far as I know they will be shipping not Oly UK.

Ian
11th December 2007, 10:10 AM
I've raised with Olympus - hopefully an answer will be forthcoming soon.

Ian

R MacE
11th December 2007, 10:29 AM
While it would be nice to recieve the items within say a week of forwarding the information I think, based on experiences with other companies/offers that it doesn't work like that.

When I bought my 1st DSLR (Nikon) there was a Cashback offer which took over a month to arrive. I've also read on other forums where Canon cashback offers are slow to come through. In the case of cashback offers they usually come from a 3rd party contracted to deal with claims. I've only just taken a subscription to a monthly magazine and it says to allow 28 days for the free gift.

I wonder if in cases such as these the offer items are delayed to prevent people registering an item and then returning it once the free gift has been recieved.

R MacE
11th December 2007, 10:41 AM
Ian

These are not free items, the cost is factored into the price,

You're wrong, the the current list price of the camera is 1099 body only, the current list price of the camera body and grip is 1239.

Personally I know that the price is going to come down within the next 3 months and the combined body/grip price may well be less than the current body only price but I went ahead anyway.

Don't forget the free back pack either.

Melaka
11th December 2007, 11:22 AM
You don't seriously think they're making a loss do you? The cost of launch promotions is always factored into the price somewhere.

R MacE
11th December 2007, 11:56 AM
You don't seriously think they're making a loss do you? The cost of launch promotions is always factored into the price somewhere.

Of course not but the simple fact is that if you are getting a Grip that you don't have to pay for as you have already owned/registered an E-System camera.

Others who buy an E-3 but who haven't previously owned/registered an E-System body have to pay 199 for the same grip or pay 1239 if they want the Body/Grip kit.

Ian
11th December 2007, 12:39 PM

Olympus need not have offered free HLD-4s to existing E-system owners. A lot of these people would have bought one anyway - even at the current prices, so Olympu is giving up the potential profit they could have had from those sales.

The other fact is that unless you could prove you had an E-System camera already, you couldn't claim a free HLD-4 anyway.

It's a limited offer, which is why there was a deadline to register your interest. Olympus would not be able to afford to run it indefinitely. So maybe, nothing is really for free, but let's not treat it as if it was some kind of con, shall we?

Ian

Ian

beardedwombat
11th December 2007, 03:32 PM
Free giveaways and promotions usually come out of a manufacturers annual advertising budget so the 'cost' is spread over the company's full range of products and/or services. The E-3 freebies value would have been used elsewhere if not given to E-3 owners. I am therefore delighted to be getting two high value items which as far as I am concerned are free of charge. Thankyou Olympus! (Hope they are on their way!)
Chris

sapper
11th December 2007, 04:17 PM
However Olympus did ship out the missing items from the box very promptly

So they should have. 1700 for an item without an instruction manual:confused:
Dave.

PeterD
11th December 2007, 05:25 PM
Olympus need not have offered free HLD-4s to existing E-system owners. A lot of these people would have bought one anyway - even at the current prices, so Olympu is giving up the potential profit they could have had from those sales.

The other fact is that unless you could prove you had an E-System camera already, you couldn't claim a free HLD-4 anyway.

It's a limited offer, which is why there was a deadline to register your interest. Olympus would not be able to afford to run it indefinitely. So maybe, nothing is really for free, but let's not treat it as if it was some kind of con, shall we?

Ian

Ian

I agree with Ian. I shall be happy to accept the two promotion items as the gifts that they are. Of course the cost will come from somewhere, they are after all a business. Why should we debate exactly how they may have been paid for out of Oly's budget. The important thing is that they were offerred and clearly had the desired affect of boosting sales at launch. The increased sales puts the camera in the minds of the photographic press and consumers. Not a bad bit of advertising.

On another note though, they would have gained even more points had they geared up to auto reply (at least) to all those who claimed the promotions. Increased confidence miht avoid cynicism.
Ian, have your contacts revealed when the promotions are to be shipped?

PeterD

dunkreid
17th December 2007, 01:38 PM
Ian / Anyone

I emailed the Imaging.News@olympus-europa.com address with my Paypal invoice attached. Do you think this will be sufficient, or will they require something more? It's been mentioned that a scan of the warranty card would help (even though it's not stated as a requirement anywhere in the promotion registration process).

Like some other posters here, I haven't had any acknowledgement from Olympus of my "claim", and it all just seems a bit vague and hamfisted, characteristics which I've encountered in previous correspondence with Olympus. I'm sure it will all be resolved to everyones satisfaction, but it might be worth expressing through the "direct line of communication with Olympus UK" which this site offers, that Oly's relaxed, almost stoner, approach to communication may aggravate some of their customers.

Anyhoo, back to that Paypal receipt - do you think it'll be enough?

Thanks a lot
Duncan

Ian

theMusicMan
17th December 2007, 01:56 PM
I photographed my original purchase receipt together with Visa form and sent that off with the email. It's as good as a scan surely?

I am still not sure if I get the bag too...?

Melaka
17th December 2007, 03:04 PM
Here is what I posted on the other thread on this topic on 14th December. I just emailed Olympus a scanned copy of the receipt from Park, having previously registered my cameras. No sign of despatch or delivery yet though. They really do need to sharpen up on customer service.

I've just received the following email from Olympus Europe

"Thank you for your purchase and registration. We have received your request for the back pack and the power grip and your application has been granted. It is now being processed and we thank you for your patience. We cannot tell you unfortunately when exactly it will arrive."

It's nice to have an acknowledgement at last, albeit exactly three weeks after I sent off the invoice. However I don't get much comfort from the fact they can't estimate a despatch, let alone delivery, date. Customer service is still getting a thumbs down from this user. The chance of getting the items within the 28 days I would consider reasonable does not look promising.

sapper
17th December 2007, 03:55 PM
Here is what I posted on the other thread on this topic on 14th December. I just emailed Olympus a scanned copy of the receipt from Park, having previously registered my cameras. No sign of despatch or delivery yet though. They really do need to sharpen up on customer service.

I've just received the following email from Olympus Europe

"Thank you for your purchase and registration. We have received your request for the back pack and the power grip and your application has been granted. It is now being processed and we thank you for your patience. We cannot tell you unfortunately when exactly it will arrive."

It's nice to have an acknowledgement at last, albeit exactly three weeks after I sent off the invoice. However I don't get much comfort from the fact they can't estimate a despatch, let alone delivery, date. Customer service is still getting a thumbs down from this user. The chance of getting the items within the 28 days I would consider reasonable does not look promising.

I am hanging on the line as I speak, waiting for somone at Oly UK to answer the phone. Three times I have tried today. Every 5 seconds I hear the message, "all of our representetives are assisting other callers at this time, your call is very important to us, please stay on the line and your call will be handled in the order it was received."
It is very very frustrating. Oly UK could do with some lessons on customer service.

I give up! 10 minutes waiting. I will email them.
Dave.

sapper
18th December 2007, 02:25 PM
I am hanging on the line as I speak, waiting for somone at Oly UK to answer the phone. Three times I have tried today. Every 5 seconds I hear the message, "all of our representetives are assisting other callers at this time, your call is very important to us, please stay on the line and your call will be handled in the order it was received."
It is very very frustrating. Oly UK could do with some lessons on customer service.

Dave.

No reply as yet, but I did get my battery grip this morning:) So all is not bad with Oly.
I know they must be busy at this time but I just wish they would answer my emails.
Dave.

dunkreid
19th December 2007, 12:12 PM
Hi Dave

I'm glad you recevied your grip, I'm still waiting and becoming a bit edgy.

I spoke to two customer service reps this morning, and neither was able to give me an answer on whether a Paypal receipt was sufficient, nor could they find out the details of any one individual claim against this promotion. I was advised to use the imaging.News@olympus-europa.com address (the one that hasn't responded to anybody) to pose any questions. Saying that "Oly UK could do with some lessons on customer service" is an understatement, and the frustrating thing is that it's relatively easy to fix.

I'm thankful that Oly build their gear to such high spec, because I don't fancy dealing with their "support" particularly often.

Cheers
Duncan

Dave.

DerekW
19th December 2007, 01:29 PM
I received the HLD-4 grip a few minutes ago - I had not received any email acknowledgement that I had supplied sufficient information (I sent a scanned copy of the invoice and warranty by email as I did for the bag claim)

So all comes to those who wait <g>

Paulpp
19th December 2007, 01:50 PM
Just had an e-mail from Olympus (I e-mailed them to ask about delivery times) which says "They do not know exactly when they (the HLD-4) will arrive but appreciate my patience"

sapper
19th December 2007, 01:53 PM
Hi Dave

I'm glad you recevied your grip, I'm still waiting and becoming a bit edgy.

I spoke to two customer service reps this morning, and neither was able to give me an answer on whether a Paypal receipt was sufficient, nor could they find out the details of any one individual claim against this promotion. I was advised to use the imaging.News@olympus-europa.com address (the one that hasn't responded to anybody) to pose any questions. Saying that "Oly UK could do with some lessons on customer service" is an understatement, and the frustrating thing is that it's relatively easy to fix.

I'm thankful that Oly build their gear to such high spec, because I don't fancy dealing with their "support" particularly often.

Cheers
Duncan
Two days after emailing them I still haven't had a reply re my 14-54mm lens repair. I almost dispair of them!
Dave

andym
19th December 2007, 04:23 PM
Two days after emailing them I still haven't had a reply re my 14-54mm lens repair. I almost dispair of them!
Dave

When the offer of a free portrait grip came out I tried to log in to find if I had my gear registered.I then realised I could not remember my password.Tryed to use the reset password on the webpage to no avail.I then sent an e amil to Olympus support to try to get a password reset,no reply.
I gave up with this and and re-registered(I had changed my e mail anyway).
Last Monday about two months after the mail to Oly support for a reset I received a mail with a password reset for my original account!!!!!
Anyway all is well as I recieved my grip today.

All the best

Andy

Ps also had a birthday e mail from them that I would rather forget,my big 50.

dlinney
19th December 2007, 07:34 PM
HLD-4 arrived today. No e-mail acknowledgement of my original claim. Still waiting on backpack!