PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

Stu_F
28th February 2008, 01:22 PM
Just saying hello. Signed up to the forum to hopefully get some tips and maybe some help if I need it in the future.

I have recently bought myself an E-510 with twin lens kit for my 30th birthday and I cant seem to stop buying other accessories. I have already bought various filters, remote shutter release, tripod, a tamrac bag and just this morning have ordered a FL-36 Flash and I have only had the camera a month. This is my first SLR so I'm on a steep learning curve so please be gentle.

Stu

Scapula Memory
28th February 2008, 03:31 PM
Well Stu I reckon you have landed in the right place!

Graham_of_Rainham
28th February 2008, 03:42 PM
Welcome!

Look forward to seeing your pics...

We may not always be gentle but the comments are constructive. Also if others like your pictures, that's a bonus...

Graham

emirpprime
28th February 2008, 04:01 PM
Hi Stu,
I'm sorry to say that the gear purchasing won't end until you run out of money... just the way it is i'm afraid ;) even after you're broke, you'll still have gear lust to cope with...
Phil

ps, Hello :)

Steve Lane
28th February 2008, 05:03 PM
Hello Stu and welcome!

I have only been a member of this forum a couple of days but the response I have received is very encouraging. The E-510 looks like a real nice camera - I only got to handle one last Monday at the Focus show at the NEC and was really impressed. Judging by the rest of your purchases, it sounds like you have really been 'bitten by the bug'!

Of course, the spending can only get worse - there are lots of lovely Zuiko lenses out there :-)

Which Tamrac bag did you purchase? I am a recent convert to Tamrac after getting one of their Adventure 7 camo rucksacks. It is really good when you just want to take a camera body and a couple of lenses out, and has room to spare for a lightweight jacket. It also doubles up as an excellent aircraft 'carry on' bag.

Rgs, Steve.

Stu_F
28th February 2008, 05:44 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, I will be sure to post up some pics once I have taken some decent ones, if ever, ha ha!!

Which Tamrac bag did you purchase? I am a recent convert to Tamrac after getting one of their Adventure 7 camo rucksacks. It is really good when you just want to take a camera body and a couple of lenses out, and has room to spare for a lightweight jacket. It also doubles up as an excellent aircraft 'carry on' bag.

Rgs, Steve.

Steve I bought a Tamrac 5534 Adventure Messenger 4. Its a great little bag, I can get all my gear in at the moment but I think I may outgrow it in time.

Ellie
1st March 2008, 11:29 PM
http://www.chins-n-quills.com/forums/images/smilies/hello3.gif

Good to meet you :)

BigD
2nd March 2008, 12:01 AM
welcome stu.

dave.

PeterD
2nd March 2008, 09:53 AM
Welcome Stu

This is a great site and as for support, just look at how we new E3 users have supported each other. Yes its a big mountain to climb but you will NOT be alone and before long you will be contributing as much as you receive information. Enjoy you time with us and also enjoy photography.

PeterD

theMusicMan
2nd March 2008, 10:15 AM
Hi there Stuart - welcome to the site. I agree with everything said above... :)