PDA

View Full Version : E-620 Discontinued in Germany

grampy
31st July 2010, 02:47 PM
I have just bought a new E-620 with the standard lens for 353 from German Ebay. It is apparently discontinued and selected outlet are placing them on Ebay with a starting price of 1 euro. Very pleased to get a new camera at this price.

Grampy

Zuiko
31st July 2010, 04:23 PM
I have just bought a new E-620 with the standard lens for 353 from German Ebay. It is apparently discontinued and selected outlet are placing them on Ebay with a starting price of 1 euro. Very pleased to get a new camera at this price.

Grampy

If that's true, I wonder - will we see a replacement E-620 as well as the E5?

E-3
31st July 2010, 04:55 PM
If that's true, I wonder - will we see a replacement E-620 as well as the E5?

I personally would be interested in a e-620 replacement, but the e-5 does not interest me at all unless they make it from carbon fibre! :)

Zuiko
31st July 2010, 05:13 PM
I personally would be interested in a e-620 replacement, but the e-5 does not interest me at all unless they make it from carbon fibre! :)

You can't afford it anyway after buying all those lenses, James! :p

E-3
31st July 2010, 06:17 PM
You can't afford it anyway after buying all those lenses, James! :p

I said I would be interested, not that I would buy one!.........................................I just have a feeling that I might win a competition & this would be the prize ;)

Rocky
31st July 2010, 07:05 PM
I said I would be interested, not that I would buy one!.........................................I just have a feeling that I might win a competition & this would be the prize ;)

LOL... Very good. I must remember that one..*chr

Incidentally, I noticed the E3 is now back on the Olympus site, after being missing for some time.

Wee man
31st July 2010, 09:39 PM
I take it your prizes arrived safely and you will be posting shots with them soon. Or keeping them to enter more competitions?

Melaka
1st August 2010, 07:08 AM
It's noticeable there are very few new FT cameras on eBay at the moment. Just a few E600. Lots of MFT though.

pepper
1st August 2010, 08:49 AM
It's noticeable there are very few new FT cameras on eBay at the moment. Just a few E600. Lots of MFT though.

The few that are on ebay are being sold off cheaply too, here's Argos selling off loads of E420's

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360285107982&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Does make me very worried about how much support Olympus is going to give to four thirds in the future!

Jim Ford
1st August 2010, 09:22 AM

Hmm, does this mean that people are satisfied with their FT cameras so are hanging on to them, but not with their MFTs and are unloading them?

Jim

Zuiko
1st August 2010, 10:26 AM
Hmm, does this mean that people are satisfied with their FT cameras so are hanging on to them, but not with their MFTs and are unloading them?

Jim

Jim, I think these are new cameras which are essentially grey imports. The point is MFT are plentiful but the supply line of regular FT seems to be drying up. :confused:

E-3
1st August 2010, 12:49 PM
Jim, I think these are new cameras which are essentially grey imports. The point is MFT are plentiful but the supply line of regular FT seems to be drying up. :confused:

What does not help is Olympus don`t say anything to reasure their loyal customer base! :mad:

Melaka
1st August 2010, 05:57 PM
There are several people selling E600s on eBay with various lens combinations. All appear to have been refurbished by Olympus with 90 day post service warranty. Does anyone know anything about them please?