PDA

View Full Version : Jessops - 35mm macro and 18-180mm

ivkerr
20th July 2010, 10:01 AM
For anyone who is interested, Jessops (on line) are selling the 35mm macro for 99 and the 18-180mm for 149.

Regards
Ian.

pepper
20th July 2010, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the heads up! Its a shame it wasn't a week or so ago I just paid 130 for a second hand 35mm macro!

I have ordered the 18-180 though.

cinders
21st July 2010, 09:00 AM
I've just tried ordering a 35mm macro, but can't find any at stores nearby and they don't let you see where there are any!

Would love one of these, as I can't afford the 50mm.

Has anyone else tried looking - would love to know if there are any anywhere!
Anyone fancy going shopping for me! ;)

BTW - they're not advertising the 18-180 anymore!

Kiwi Paul
21st July 2010, 09:15 AM
Why not order it for free home delivery, it says 10 days wait though.

Oh I just checked online and neither lens is listed now :-(

Paul

cinders
21st July 2010, 10:33 AM
Oh I just checked online and neither lens is listed now :-(

Paul

They sold out of those quickly then! I wonder if they had just a couple somewhere.

It's useful when people post good offers though.
*chr

j.baker
21st July 2010, 11:16 AM
I did place an order, it was in stock, but it has been listed as back ordered.

I called Jessops, and was told that it would be at least 28 days before they had stock again as it was a special order item.

I doubt that I will ever see the lenses.

cinders
21st July 2010, 11:18 AM
Let me know if you get any joy though!

I was too late even to place an order. :(

Crippledsandwich
21st July 2010, 11:37 AM
I placed an order over the phone for the 35mm on back order and also picked up this Olympus FL 36R http://www.jessops.com/online.store/products/2100/show.html
for only 141.55 when you enter this code in JESSOPS5

i have an order number just hope it all gets ordered ok:)

jalanb
21st July 2010, 12:51 PM
Also just ordered FL36R - lets hope we are in luck.

Thanks for the tip off.

Alan

jalanb
22nd July 2010, 12:14 PM
FL 36R just arrived - great service.

However can't see the Flash Stand.

Am I being stupid?

Anyone recall where in the packaging it was located - or was it attached to the Flash?

Alan

Crippledsandwich
22nd July 2010, 03:40 PM
FL 36R just arrived - great service.

However can't see the Flash Stand.

Am I being stupid?

Anyone recall where in the packaging it was located - or was it attached to the Flash?

Alan

i have recieved mine as well as the 35mm macro that was out of stock when i brought it:). My flash stand was in the box in a seperate polly bag

Crippledsandwich
22nd July 2010, 03:43 PM
Its out of order if Jesopps doesnt send it to you however take alook at this http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_nkw=olympus+flash+stand&_sacat=0&_odkw=flash+stand&_osacat=0&bkBtn=&_trksid=m270

so even if you loose it while out and about or as in your case it wassnt in the box you can still get a replacement

e-simpson
22nd July 2010, 04:59 PM
Nooooooo...

I was going to get one soon, had I heard of that offer I would have bitten their hands off. :(

jalanb
23rd July 2010, 11:42 AM
Its out of order if Jesopps doesnt send it to you however take alook at this http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_nkw=olympus+flash+stand&_sacat=0&_odkw=flash+stand&_osacat=0&bkBtn=&_trksid=m270

so even if you loose it while out and about or as in your case it wassnt in the box you can still get a replacement

Thanks for that.

... if all else fails.

alan

pepper
5th August 2010, 09:06 AM
I spoke to Jessops this morning and they've told me that Olympus have discontinued the 18-180mm lens :confused:

Its pretty strange that its available on Olympus' own web site though!

http://www.olympus.co.uk/consumer/dslr_ZUIKO_DIGITAL_ED_18-180mm_1_3_5-6_3.htm

I reckon they've made a mistake in the pricing and have decided not to honour the sale, its their rights after all.

cinders
5th August 2010, 09:21 AM
Hmmm, Jessops said the same about the 11-22mm when they were selling those off in the spring! Don't believe a word of it.

Lucky for us in some cases though.

snaarman
5th August 2010, 09:32 AM
I spoke to Jessops this morning and they've told me that Olympus have discontinued the 18-180mm lens :confused:

Yes I've heard that before in business. "Its been discontinued" is what a saleman says when :-

A. Its out of stock because they didn't pay their bill
B. They lost the franchise for the same reason.
C. They get more profit from another manufacturer's product.

As a mate once said to me: "Selling is all about Honesty and Integrity. Once youv'e learnt to fake those two, you're made"