PDA

View Full Version : 420 threw a wobbler.

andym
19th July 2010, 10:55 AM
We have a glut of Purple Hairstreak butterflies on the reserve at the moment and I was out trying to catch them this morning.Now these normally sit with their wings together but I was lucky enough to see on with its wings open and showing the lovely irredescent purple glow.Got the 420 focused and pushed the shutter and nothing,the camera died.No display in the view finder,no button doing anything.:mad:
Powered down and repowered and it was the same is fine until I pushed the shutter.
So I did a full reset and now everything seems ok.Took me about 10 mins to put all my settings back in ie I alway have the camera in manual focus and use mode 3 so I can auto focus with the AEL/AFL button.

I know anything with processors in can get in a mess,I assume some bit of data was stuck as a 1 when it should be a 0.:eek:

Anyone else had this happen?

As for the butterflies I got lots of picture but none with wings open.

snaarman
19th July 2010, 12:11 PM
The only times I've had that happen it turned out to be the battery - it goes from green and unhappy to red to dead in three shots for me...

:mad:

andym
19th July 2010, 12:15 PM
The only times I've had that happen it turned out to be the battery - it goes from green and unhappy to red to dead in three shots for me...

:mad:

Forgot to mention I changed from a cheap clone which was in the camera when this first happend to a fully charged Oly battery before I did the reset and it was still the same.