PDA

View Full Version : Groups and Faces Photomerge

OlyPaul
26th February 2008, 08:27 PM
What I first thought would be a gimick is in Elements 6 is in fact a very impressive piece of software , I think this would be indispencible for wedding photographers as the obligatory eyes close on the group shots would be a thing of the past by shooting a few continous frames and and then with this just a few clicks and your closed eyes are a problem of the past.

I dont have any closed eyes shots as tended to delete them pre finding this but this served as a good example as well as showing how it also automaticly aligns the angle of the face if different.

From left to right

The Source image for the new eyes or face the original image and the finished image

http://www.pbase.com/paulsilkphotography/image/93458313.jpg

And just for fun Also....

it also automaticly balences the skin tones if different.

http://www.pbase.com/paulsilkphotography/image/93458311.jpg

Barr1e
27th February 2008, 09:00 AM
Paul S -

Were you using Elements 5 before your purchase of Elements 6. If so, is the upgrade worth it? It seems from what you have carried out here and on another thread that the new program is worth buying.

Regards. Barr1e

OlyPaul
27th February 2008, 09:40 AM
Hi Barrie, as a beta tester for Adobe since Version 3 I usally get the new realeased version from Adobe after the beta testing has finished.:)

But yes if had to buy it I would have! I just love the new layout and features.

If I tell you that during the 8 months of testing and using the final release I have not felt the need to fire up CS2 or think that I will in the future then thats a testiment to how good I think it is if you are a photgrapher, of course if you are into graphics or the graphics industry then CS would be the obvious choice (albiet at a much greater cost).

Barr1e
27th February 2008, 02:48 PM
Hi Barrie, as a beta tester for Adobe since Version 3 I usally get the new realeased version from Adobe after the beta testing has finished.:)

But yes if had to buy it I would have! I just love the new layout and features.

If I tell you that during the 8 months of testing and using the final release I have not felt the need to fire up CS2 or think that I will in the future then thats a testiment to how good I think it is if you are a photgrapher, of course if you are into graphics or the graphics industry then CS would be the obvious choice (albiet at a much greater cost).

Thanks Paul.

I shall update at the end of this month as you seem most pleased with it. I have done some research on the product and felt a little unsure about its prowess of taking over and making an album of my pix - which I don't want.

Regards. Barr1e