PDA

View Full Version : New Member Gallery

Steve Lane
26th February 2008, 04:42 PM
Good Afternoon again folks!

I have just uploaded my first ten images to my Gallery. They are all taken on local walks around Derbyshire, mostly using my 11-22mm lens which is simply spectacular (IMHO). Images can be found under user 'Steve Lane'. No doubt I will be adding plenty more when time permits.

Regards, Steve.

Scapula Memory
26th February 2008, 04:58 PM
Just had a look at your gallery Steve and you have some great shots. The cottage image is excellent, I rated it to, and the other one I liked was the Derwent water pic which is a million times better than the ones I ever managed on trips to that area!

PeterD
26th February 2008, 09:05 PM
Steve

What a lovely set of images. I liked all of them. No1 just has to be the cottages and street scene and I also liked the restaurant. Its an example where softness creates the illusion of a painting. I know that there are ghosts in the image but it does not spoil things as far as I am concerned.

Well done

PeterD

theMusicMan
26th February 2008, 10:19 PM
Hey Steve, I too had a look at your gallery images and I am very impressed with one of them in particular... the cottages in Derbyshire. That is a very nice image, and is so obviously taken by someone with talent.

Looking forward to seeing more of yours Steve.

Steve Lane
27th February 2008, 11:13 AM
Hi Folks!

Many thanks for your appraisal of my images. I will put a few more up when time permits. The 'problem' with digital is that I take so many, so sorting through and nominating them can be a bit time consuming!

Regards, Steve.

theMusicMan
27th February 2008, 04:35 PM
Hi Folks!

Many thanks for your appraisal of my images. I will put a few more up when time permits. The 'problem' with digital is that I take so many, so sorting through and nominating them can be a bit time consuming!

Regards, Steve.Hey Steve

Do you use a workflow application to help in this regard...? Applications such as Lightroom or Aperture will assist remarkably here.

Steve Lane
28th February 2008, 09:49 AM
Hello John,

many thanks for your comments. Nope, I do not have either of these applications. I am presently using Photoshop CS to process the images. To be fair to my E-1, it produces superb jpeg's straight out of the camera leaving me (in most cases) very little tweaking during post processing.

I kind of like it this way, as I work in the technical support department of a software development company, and spend way too much time in front of computers!

Regards, Steve.