PDA

View Full Version : 12-60 lens

monoboard
7th July 2010, 07:07 AM
Olympus 12-60 swd

Is there only one type or was there a mark 1 and a mark 2 version.

reg

David

StephenL
7th July 2010, 07:20 AM
I am fairly sure there is only one version, but Ian will know for certain.

photo_owl
7th July 2010, 07:56 AM
only one version so far

when it first came out there were a batch recalled - but these were neither the first run nor was a change implemented (ie something went wrong in some way on the production line)

monoboard
7th July 2010, 08:05 AM
Just looking on the web at prices and the differance is vast.

reg

David

StephenL
7th July 2010, 09:02 AM
If you're after a new one at a bargain price, check Ian Kerr. Trades as "Flash Camera" on Ebay, but if you contact him direct prices are even cheaper. kerso1123@msn.com is his email. I've spent thousands with him and absolutely no problems.

skyman1
8th July 2010, 03:21 PM
I can recommend Kerso as well ,spot on and fast delivery as well *yes

Wee man
8th July 2010, 06:14 PM
Yes agree Kerso prices are good and the service is the same. By the sound of thing Stephen and I have been building up his pension!

monoboard
8th July 2010, 06:15 PM
Many thanks for every bodys help

reg

David

monoboard
12th July 2010, 04:45 PM
This Kerso chap does not reply to his emails very quickly, i emailed him yesterday about a lens and still no reply.

reg

David

j.baker
12th July 2010, 05:02 PM
He is located in the states and he get lots of emails. If you do not get a reply in a day or so, try again.

monoboard
12th July 2010, 05:24 PM
I thought he was in scotland!

reg

David

StephenL
12th July 2010, 05:30 PM
He is. He's rung me a couple of times querying my orders. He speaks wi' a Scottish accent as well! Just occasionally he hasn't replied for a day or so, but normally within one day.

I thought he was in scotland!

reg

David

j.baker
12th July 2010, 05:31 PM
He ships from scotland, and yes he is scottish, but he (last time I spoke to him) was living in the USA.

StephenL
12th July 2010, 05:37 PM
Maybe he splits his time - he phoned me from an Arbroath number on a couple of occasions (admittedly quite a few months ago!). Which would explain the odd delay in emails.

monoboard
12th July 2010, 05:45 PM
You can't help but feel slightly nervous when you have parted with a few hundred pound to some one you don't now who is possibly in usa or maybe Scotland!

reg

David

PaulE
12th July 2010, 05:52 PM
You can't help but feel slightly nervous when you have parted with a few hundred pound to some one you don't now who is possibly in usa or maybe Scotland!

reg

David

I don't think you need be nervous, as several have already said they have bought alot of gear from him in the past and have been very happy - and I include myself in that group too.

Steambuff
12th July 2010, 06:18 PM
Hiya
I sent Ian an email asking for a quote last night and got a reply back at 5pm today. Good price as well (Cheaper than his ebay pricing). He got my order, and acknowledged it within 30 minutes. (Oly 50-200 SWD) Can't wait for it to arrive.

Dave

pepper
12th July 2010, 06:24 PM

reg

David

Normally I would agree with you, but Kerso's reptutation, is pretty good. I see him as an advertiser on Talkphotography all the time and he'd soon get short shrift if he were a bad un from them.

monoboard
12th July 2010, 06:31 PM
Thanks for everybodys replys.

reg

David