PDA

View Full Version : So what is happening to the DSLR range?

Blincodave
5th July 2010, 08:00 PM
I just noticed that SRS are now listing just three models on their website:

E-420 (also according to their E Bay listing they are now selling the last few of the E-420s)

E-620

E-30.

So what is the 'state of play'?

Dave

Zuiko
5th July 2010, 08:12 PM
I just noticed that SRS are now listing just three models on their website:

E-420 (also according to their E Bay listing they are now selling the last few of the E-420s)

E-620

E-30.

So what is the 'state of play'?

Dave

Hi Dave,

Well, that's just one company and we don't know their agenda. I guess stock control is a major issue for most retailers in these troubled times and I can understand them not carrying both the 420 and the 450. Also, let's face it, the E-3 is now long in the tooth and hardly likely to sell well, particularly with it almost certain that a replacement will be unveiled at Photokina in September. Personally, I think there is more reason to be excited than worried. :)

petrovich
5th July 2010, 08:25 PM
Having just dealt (enquired) with SRS and LCE and Parks etc etc it would appear that orders they send for E-3 stock are met with a polite not available and they all respond by saying "that with Photokina due a new model is a cert", but a few have suggested not the model E-5 we are expecting or rumoured.
I would not be suprised to see an upgraded E-30 only and no top line model..I also enquired about the E-30 and there is a waiting list for this. The E-620 on average if not in stock about three weeks to get hold of.

Regards

Kiwi Paul
5th July 2010, 09:22 PM
Last time I looked (a couple of days ago) the E3 wasn't even being shown on the Olympus online shop, the E30 was the top DSLR so looks like they are no longer trying to promote it.

Paul

The Saint
6th July 2010, 07:25 AM
Paul

I was only looking yesterday and Olympus's website and the E-3 is definately off the radar now.

I popped into SRS last week and was slightly disappointed to see that they only had a small collection of Olympus lenses on display compared to previous visits. I know they did have a big sale of Olympus lenses a couple of months back, which may have been to shift stock, but unfortunately their don't appear to have replaced it.

Simon