PDA

View Full Version : HELP! E620 Bracketing

spiritburner
29th June 2010, 06:30 PM
Hi, has anyone got any experience and would care to share it please on using exposure bracketing on this camera, i do a lot of 360 panoramas and am interested in trying this out, i am a little confused on the manual, do i need to take 3 separate shots or will holding down the shutter invoke burst mode and take all 3 in succession and if so would this work on the wired remote, i always use raw and manual settings as i can take up to 36 pictures in a sphere depending on my lens.

for me its quite important to get the shots done quickly if outside so its less work in ptgui's stitcher. Thanks

Neil

Who's_E
29th June 2010, 06:51 PM
Neil,

Yes, burst mode will take all three in succession. You just need to make sure you don't take more or less than three shots, otherwise you will have to reset the bracketing.

Nick

Dogcow
29th June 2010, 07:27 PM
Yep I do the same with some of my 360's.
I set the AE bracketing on 5 x 1 stop and the burst mode on High.
If you keep the remote pressed, the camera will automagically take the 5 exposures and PTGui will do the rest.

If you shoot a handheld Nadir, you will have to align the bracketed shots before merge them into a HDR.

For a normal 360, bracketing isn't necessary, just make sure you have it all on manual and choose your exposure wisely. I only use bracketing in difficult interior shots and inside churches. For instance: this shot (http://gillissen.com/veerboot) was not bracketed, just a plain 6 around + zenith and nadir.

Do you like your new R1....?

Karel (KG on the NodalNinja forum)

Nick Temple-Fry
29th June 2010, 07:43 PM
If you keep the remote pressed, the camera will automagically take the 5 exposures and PTGui will do the rest.

If you shoot a handheld Nadir, you will have to align the bracketed shots before merge them into a HDR.

For a normal 360, bracketing isn't necessary, just make sure you have it all on manual and choose your exposure wisely. I only use bracketing in difficult interior shots and inside churches. For instance: this shot (http://gillissen.com/veerboot) was not bracketed, just a plain 6 around + zenith and nadir.

Just a comment that burst mode (unless you are forced to shoot handheld) is less than optimum in a church or any other dull building as dark frame subtraction does not occur (NR).

Nick

Dogcow
29th June 2010, 07:51 PM
Yep, I am aware of that, Nick.
But thanks again for reminding.

jalanb
30th June 2010, 08:45 AM

I think only 3 shots available on E620 not 5 (as on E30?)

Alan

Ian
30th June 2010, 09:27 AM
Just a comment that burst mode (unless you are forced to shoot handheld) is less than optimum in a church or any other dull building as dark frame subtraction does not occur (NR).

Nick

Interesting point!

Ian