PDA

View Full Version : Apple Aperture Disaster

B.P.S Studios
25th February 2008, 01:50 AM
Thought this one needs a mention. Does anybody use Aperture? I have been using it for the last 18mths or so with my E-500 without any problem. Then I get my new E-3 and I find out it does not work with Aperture. There is no sign of an update either. Now that Aperture 2 is out I thought great! there should be an update in that release emmmm well I was wrong.

I have now given up with Apple and purchased Lightroom instead. No its not as good but it will have to do. Everybody else has E-3 support, what is going on with Apple! Not a happy camper!!

theMusicMan
25th February 2008, 08:16 AM
I have read somewhere too that Aperture2 has conflicts with Time Machine and several other apps.

It is not good that files for the E-3 are not yet supported. Have you tried contacting Apple and asking them if/when they plan to release E-3 support...?

art frames
25th February 2008, 08:19 AM
what is going on with Apple! Not a happy camper!!

I was a real fan of Apple until very recently. Who knows I might get my faith restored when they give me my money back and a 'goodwill payment' that they told me to 'claim when it was all over'! Not we will come to you, notice.

They have begun to get arrogant and lost sight of the customer in their success.

If you search for answers on the aperture forums there are work around solutions to this issue but I wasn't prepared to wait an unspecified time for the official upgrade and upgraded CS2 to CS3 instead. At least Adobe are fast, alongside their expensive 'make the customer upgrades regular and expensive' mindset.

Peter

DTD
25th February 2008, 10:01 AM
Apple's support for new cameras has always been poor. Some cameras (Leica DMR for example) have never got supported. Apparently part of this problem is that the OS rather than just Aperture has to be altered.

There is a workaround for the E-3 where you first convert the files into DNG format and then import them into Aperture. Not ideal, but as a temporary measure it might be worth the hassle.

There is probably a hack to make Aperture recognise E-3 files as many other non-supported cameras can be got to work in this way.

Use the feedback facility to tell Apple to support the E-3.

B.P.S Studios
25th February 2008, 11:13 PM
Thanks for the feedback Guys