PDA

View Full Version : E520 Pop Up flash will not stay down. Help please.

Batman
25th June 2010, 07:45 PM
Hello everyone. Any ideas please. Today I was using my E-520 pop up flash to trigger my FL-50R off camera. When I had finished and tried to close the Pop up flash, it wouldn't latch down. I was using it for daylight flash balance lighting and have done many times before, also earlier today without any problem.

I may be doing something stupid but I can't so far work out what.

Help please

snaarman
25th June 2010, 09:57 PM
I had an E camera that did this (or failed to open, I don't remember which).

In my case it was the mechanical catch.. a small plastic hook that pokes out of a slot under the flip up flash. I gave it a gentle wriggle to and fro with a pointy thing and it started to behave. I can't see that it is anything electronic causing it... but you could test the theory by removing the battery to see if it latches then.

Pete

Radar
25th June 2010, 09:59 PM
1. Is the flash set to "Auto" or "Always on"?
2. Is the "Auto pop-up" in the menu set to "no"?

Batman
26th June 2010, 07:37 PM
Thanks Guys. I tried to edit my original post, saying that I had applied gentle pressure to the latch and it seemed to be ok now. I must have done something wrong or was interrupted as we have the Grandchildren staying at the moment. 3 little American girls, a real handful!

Thanks again. All seems well but it would be nice to know why it stuck in the first place.