PDA

View Full Version : Hi Oly Folks!

jmoh
24th February 2008, 05:03 PM
Hai Guy's,
Greetings from Tropical Malaysia, and a Warm Hello to all fellow Olympians Down Here. I am a poor Typist, so please forgive me if you see something's missing. Well, i have been in photography for the past 30 years now. Still New in The Digital Format, about two and a half year now. Nature and landscape were my favorite during my wee days in film photog, so it's still one of my favorite subjects. One fine day Back in the 70's a Certain '' ERIC HOSKING'S '' Pics really change my life, and in a dramatic way. From then on, my view on consevation and the Enviroment took on a new turn. With The ever Diminishing Forest and it's surrunding Habitat, i Told myself that i will do my best to record any species of flora and Fuana that i would come across.
Back in the Film days one have to wait just to see a print. Now, with the advent of The digital Format, things coudn't have been more convenient.
And since taking up Bird Photography, I Must say The 4/3 Format is a '' GODSEND ''....The 2x FOV And Crop factor is Really a blessing for my arm and shoulder's Muscle.......:p:p:p.....The ''IS'' Is even Better, Thanks oly and of course Sir Eric, and this three below are Dedicated to The Late '' SIR ERIC HOSKING ''......And our fellow Oly Users Down Here........Hope you like it......First Three Taken on Extachrome slides and back in the 70's....The rest digital......Thanks....James.

BigD
24th February 2008, 05:10 PM
welcome james, some realy nice photos to start off with :D

dave.

jmoh
24th February 2008, 05:21 PM
And here's The Digital Threesome.......Thanks...James.

jmoh
24th February 2008, 05:31 PM
welcome james, some realy nice photos to start off with :D

dave.

Thanks BigD........If you happen to be around here, give me a call and i don't mind showing you around, Outdoor that is.........Thanks Buddy.......James.

art frames
24th February 2008, 05:50 PM
James

Welcome, I'd like to be the first to say that I like your motivation and how you deliver it. I too am inspired by nature. You have some wonderful subjects to shoot, it is a crime that the forest is being destroyed and I would encourage you to document all that you see and share it here.

Do you shoot butterflies as well? If you post some birdwings then I will be more than jealous of you.:)

best wishes

Peter

Jim Ford
24th February 2008, 06:10 PM
You're most welcome here - just so long as we don't have a competition with butterflies of humming birds as the subject!
;^)

Jim

jmoh
24th February 2008, 06:58 PM
James

Welcome, I'd like to be the first to say that I like your motivation and how you deliver it. I too am inspired by nature. You have some wonderful subjects to shoot, it is a crime that the forest is being destroyed and I would encourage you to document all that you see and share it here.

Do you shoot butterflies as well? If you post some birdwings then I will be more than jealous of you.:)

best wishes

Peter

Hai Art,
I certainly does Butterflies, infact, The moment i received my 70-300 on november the 1st, The first thing i tried was a Butterfly. As i was so Excited by the new lens that i decided to try it around my Garden......Here's some for you.....Hope you like it ......Too Bad The File Size Is Too Small..........Thanks....James.

jmoh
24th February 2008, 07:05 PM
You're most welcome here - just so long as we don't have a competition with butterflies of humming birds as the subject!
;^)

Jim

Hai Jim,
Thanks for the welcome, anyway other than the two, I does Landscapes, People and Documentary. All for the love of Photography...*bauble*bauble*bauble......Thanks again.......James.

Barr1e
24th February 2008, 09:39 PM
Hi James -

Welcome.

Some great shots there.

Regards. Barr1e

Ellie
25th February 2008, 02:09 AM
http://www.chins-n-quills.com/forums/images/smilies/hello3.gif James :)

Wow, you've got some lovely pictures there.

ewan
25th February 2008, 07:54 AM
Hi James and welcome.
Your pictures are so colourful and exotic, wonderful.

regards Ewan.

theMusicMan
25th February 2008, 08:02 AM
Hi James

I really envy the fact that you have such fantastic opportunity to take stunning photographs where you are. Looking forward to seeing more of yours in time.

Welcome to the site.

jmoh
25th February 2008, 06:18 PM
Hi James -

Welcome.

Some great shots there.

Regards. Barr1e

Hai Barr1e,
Thanks for The welcome and Would love to share more with you Folks down here........Thanks......James.

jmoh
25th February 2008, 06:21 PM
http://www.chins-n-quills.com/forums/images/smilies/hello3.gif James :)

Wow, you've got some lovely pictures there.

Hellooooooo.....To You Ellie,.....;););)......Just my Humble pics and they are meant to be shared.......Thanks Again......James.

jmoh
25th February 2008, 06:26 PM
Hi James and welcome.
Your pictures are so colourful and exotic, wonderful.

regards Ewan.

Hai ewan,
Well, we are Blessed with Abundance of Flora And Fuana, Exotic is just the perfect Word for it......Hope it Remains that way, for a long time to come......Thanks....James.

jmoh
25th February 2008, 06:34 PM
Hi James

I really envy the fact that you have such fantastic opportunity to take stunning photographs where you are. Looking forward to seeing more of yours in time.

Welcome to the site.

Hai MusicMan,
Firstly, Thanks for the compliment of my Pics, Wish you were Here. But then, you can always put Malaysia on your Holiday Destination, The next time around. And i would be more than Glad to show you around....Will Be Posting more here and sharing with you Guy's........Thanks....James.

E-P1 fan
26th February 2008, 08:57 AM
Hi James - welcome. What a location you have. As well as amazing landscape and wildlife opportunities there's also the opportunity to picture the human animal in situ in the street markets of KL and Singapore.

PeterD
26th February 2008, 09:37 AM
Welcome James

What a blast from the past this is. Spent 7 years living in Malaysia (Malaya at the time) and Singapore. I was an avid butterfly collector ans still have a small collection left that I caught in the the late 1950's. My school was in the Cameron Highlands (Slim School) and I was always out and about as my keen interest was (and still is) nature. This time my butterfly collection is humane as they are only images.

I love the images that you have posted and look froward to seeing more.

All the best

PeterD

jmoh
26th February 2008, 09:53 AM
Hi James - welcome. What a location you have. As well as amazing landscape and wildlife opportunities there's also the opportunity to picture the human animal in situ in the street markets of KL and Singapore.

Hai E-1 fan,
Thanks and as for the situation at situ, it's getting more crowded and Humid now.......Thanks.....James.

jmoh
26th February 2008, 09:59 AM
Welcome James

What a blast from the past this is. Spent 7 years living in Malaysia (Malaya at the time) and Singapore. I was an avid butterfly collector ans still have a small collection left that I caught in the the late 1950's. My school was in the Cameron Highlands (Slim School) and I was always out and about as my keen interest was (and still is) nature. This time my butterfly collection is humane as they are only images.

I love the images that you have posted and look froward to seeing more.

All the best

PeterD

Hai Peter,
Cameron highland is getting a little Warmer now......Well, Global warming and Rapid development.....I was among The NGO's who protested and Managed to stop to a New Highway across The Highlands......Well, if you're here for holiday, do give me a Call........Thanks....James.

E-P1 fan
26th February 2008, 10:00 AM
Hi James - I did wonder how the high humidity affects your photography?
Also are Olympus E-system cameras better or worse at dealing with any problems than other major brands?

jmoh
26th February 2008, 10:10 AM
Hi James - I did wonder how the high humidity affects your photography?
Also are Olympus E-system cameras better or worse at dealing with any problems than other major brands?

Hai E-1,
Well, Oly builts fantastic camera, and i think there is not much effect on the camera.....The E-System works just fine, only problem is my nose is always getting wet and getting Smug on my LCD Screen.......Thanks....James.

Ian
26th February 2008, 10:40 AM
Ah - Malaysia I spent some memorable years of my childhood in Kuala Lumpur back in the mid-60s, but it's much more urbanised now than back then.

Welcome to the site!

Ian

jmoh
26th February 2008, 06:00 PM
Ah - Malaysia I spent some memorable years of my childhood in Kuala Lumpur back in the mid-60s, but it's much more urbanised now than back then.

Welcome to the site!

Ian

Wahai Ian,
That's The Malay style of Greeting someone!......Anyway thanks for the welcome and I must say you're one Dedicated Oly Fan. Good to know that you're Behind All Those Wonderful 4/3 Sites. Keep Up The Good Work Ian, and May The Lord Bless You. Hat's Off To you Brudder!!!.....*bauble*bauble*bauble.......On A Job Well Done.......Thanks...James.

Melaka
26th February 2008, 06:21 PM
Selamat datang.

jmoh
26th February 2008, 06:58 PM
Selamat datang.

Salam Melaka,
Terima Kasih and are you from Malacca???.....Bucks as in Buckingham?.....Anyway, Thanks Buddy........James.

Melaka
26th February 2008, 07:44 PM
No but I worked for the RMN for a couple of years and did long enough elsewhere to earn a PJM.

jmoh
26th February 2008, 07:59 PM
No but I worked for the RMN for a couple of years and did long enough elsewhere to earn a PJM.

Wow a Navy Man......Salute To You and All Those Years of service Down Here......Thanks....James.